DL44

7 members have voted

1. 1. Most likely team to pull the upset

• The Wild
    • The Wings
    • The Sharks
    • The Kings

The matchups are set!

Discuss - predictions, who ya cheering for, upset possibilities, story lines, etc etc..

Round 1

1 Chi Blackhawks vs 8. Minny Wild 

2. Ana Ducks vs 7. Det Red Wings 

3. Van Canucks vs 6. SJ Sharks Witch+Broom.png

4. St. Louis Blues vs 5. LA Kings 

Round 2

1. Chi Blackhawks vs 7. Det Red Wings

5. LA Kings vs 6. SJ Sharks

Round 3

1.  Chi Blackhawks vs 5. LA Kings

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next to my own team... really looking forward to watching/following the Blues-Kings matchup... I think it will either be exciting as hell with a lot of hits, skating and great goaltending... or grind Grind GRIND neutral zone played game with very few scoring chances.  Hoping for the former... but could very well end up a dud.

Really curious as to what the Wild have to bring to the table... if they can play with speed and turn up the physicality, they have a better chance then most are giving them in what appears to be the biggest mismatch on paper.

I'm not sure which series will prove to be the most wide open one - Duck-Wings or Shark-Canucks.  Playoff form Canucks are exciting, and the sharks match that style to make for great games... But thats what the Wings are all about... and with a Budreau team to match up against - could be a great watch...

A combo of Predictions splashed with a dose of bias of what i want to see:

Chi in 7*

Ana in 6

Van in 6

StL in 7

*Not willing to commit to picking them... but a part of me thinks the Wild have a real chance if their goaltending holds up. Or it will be a Chi romp.

The matchups are set!

Discuss - predictions, who ya cheering for, upset possibilities, story lines, etc etc..

1 Chi Blackhawks vs 8. Minny Wild

2. Ana Ducks vs 7. Det Red Wings

3. Van Canucks vs 6. SJ Sharks

4. St. Louis Blues vs 5. LA Kings

Hawks, Wings, Sharks, Blues are my picks

I would have voted the Blues as an upset. They are taking on the Champs. You can't take their marvelous home record as gospel because of the superior away record LA played with to win it.

As for my choice I picked the Wings as the only one of those 4 who should realistically have a chance at an upset.

Don't like the Hawks' game.  They'll get either the Sharks or the WIngs (less likely) next round if they get by the Wild..

Loving the Kings - Blues series... as advertised... very physical series... and they're managing to get great scoring opportunities if they're able to navigate the neutral zone remaining on their feet.

Both teams committing to the big hits = some open space where the defender has just left...  they have been able to gain some space and chances when the offensive team's support jumps up into that space when the puck occasionally bounces right... 

Det - Ana... Ducks should be able to take this easily from here on in... as long they don't assume they can take it easily from here on in.

No comment on the pending   40px-Broom_icon.svg.png

Last night during the Kings - Blues game they threw up the numbers for hits. This series is way ahead of any of the series by almost +30% with the Montreal - Ottawa next in line.

I have to say this series reminds me of what I remember as "Old style" hockey. When I use this term I do not mean the a trap system which produced low scoring boring games. This series in not Trap System and it is not boring or even close to boring. Hard Hitting, finish the checks and swarm on the puck. They started the series at light speed and haven't slowed down much if at all.

If you haven't taken the time to watch this series tune in a game. You won't be disappointed. Home team has won each game so far (edit: Until last night).

^Home team won every game - till last night.

But agreed... awesome series, great games. Glad it went this direction, and as i stated in the first post, it was the one i most looking forward to..  it hasn't disappointed - other than LA winning gms.

Last night during the Kings - Blues game they threw up the numbers for hits. This series is way ahead of any of the series by almost +30% with the Montreal - Ottawa next in line.

I have to say this series reminds me of what I remember as "Old style" hockey. When I use this term I do not mean the a trap system which produced low scoring boring games. This series in not Trap System and it is not boring or even close to boring. Hard Hitting, finish the checks and swarm on the puck. They started the series at light speed and haven't slowed down much if at all.

If you haven't taken the time to watch this series tune in a game. You won't be disappointed. Home team has won each game so far (edit: Until last night).

I agree, that's been one heck of a fun series to watch.  I'm enjoying Detroit and Anaheim too, the timing for so many goals in that series has been amazing.

Well I'm 4/4 in the west on my playoff bracket! Picking the Hawks and Kings in the next round.

That's pretty good...

I went 1/4 picking for who i was cheering for... 

Going for the Wings.  Going for the Sharks.  

So we know what that means...Hawks vs Kings in the final... ha ha... the 'Who-T-F-does-canuckfan-cheer-for?" WCF.

Imagine a Canuck-Oiler WCF... WhoTF would flamesfan cheer for? heh heh... (rhetorical question).

I got 3 of the winners right but only had the # of games needed right in the Chicago win.

Somehow Invin's prediction failed to appear in this thread until after the 1st round ended.

2nd round:

Kings over Sharks in 6

Hawks over Wings in 5

Imagine a Canuck-Oiler WCF... WhoTF would flamesfan cheer for? heh heh... (rhetorical question).

Imagine my quandry should the SCF ever be the Pens vs Canucks.

Just wanted to comment on the pending Torres suspension. I think it's a good call to suspend Torres. The hit was against the rules. Stoll was skating North/South chipping the puck off the glass and Torres comes in East/West to clip Stoll high in the shoulder/neck/head area. These hits are no longer allowed.

In the Pens/Sens game, we saw Gryba entering the Penguins zone going North and then we had Orpik skating South to meet Gryba. That hit is clean despite Gryba possibly out a week with a concussion.

We were hearing a lot of callers on Fan960 saying Kronwall should get suspended for all his highlight reel hits and that's just not true because Kronwall meets his victims going straight on rather than from the side. Phaneuf, same thing, goes North/South to hit guys going North/South. Straight on hitting.

Just wanted to comment on the pending Torres suspension. I think it's a good call to suspend Torres. The hit was against the rules.

I agree that Torres deserved a suspension for the hit, and as I have said in a number of posts, I am not a fan of Torres...

But I do not like that the term of the suspension was worded as being suspended for the series...   It is too ambiguous...

It could be 2 games, or up to 5...   They should have picked a number and stuck with it...

Archived