s4xon

i understand the Justification of people hating Hamonic But i feel we all need to give every a Proper chance with the new Coaching staff and new players and go from there now yes Hamonic is easy to jump on he hasnt helped with last year but we all need to give them all a new slate with new coaching staff and players before we start judging them this year after 2 games

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The_Snowbear said:

i understand the Justification of people hating Hamonic But i feel we all need to give every a Proper chance with the new Coaching staff and new players and go from there now yes Hamonic is easy to jump on he hasnt helped with last year but we all need to give them all a new slate with new coaching staff and players before we start judging them this year after 2 games

Given his poor play last season there will be a lot of eyes on Hamonic this season. He needs to get his act together and if not change needs to take place.

And.....

Back to goaltending.

I wonder if they give Glass a start?

Yes, he's only here as a PTO, but we have to be open minded and look at possible solutions.

MacDonald hasn't shown he was worth goving a contract to.  May never amount to even an AHL goalie.

Other considerations.  Oscar Dansk.  Buried in VGK's system.  Made a handfull of NHL starts and was pretty good in the AHL.

Signed to a 2-year deal with VGK.  Trade consideration?

3 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

And.....

Back to goaltending.

Yes, he's only here as a PTO, but we have to be open minded and look at possible solutions.

MacDonald hasn't shown he was worth goving a contract to.  May never amount to even an AHL goalie.

Other considerations.  Oscar Dansk.  Buried in VGK's system.  Made a handfull of NHL starts and was pretty good in the AHL.

Glass is in the lineup tonight vs. the Jets.

Dansk was once a high end goalie prospect. I wouldn't mind getting him.

Just now, travel_dude said:

I'm guessing that we are not playing the China team then.  Supposed to be a complete day off for them, IIRC.

The lineup looks pretty similar to the one that played the last game, except Glass and Parsons are the goalies. The Jets are rolling most of their regulars it looks like.

20 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

Given his poor play last season there will be a lot of eyes on Hamonic this season. He needs to get his act together and if not change needs to take place.

Thats right But again that is last Year not this and we are only 2 Games into Pre-season Way to Early to be Placing judgement On anyone No matter What last year looked like This Year is Different in Many Scenario's

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, The_Snowbear said:

Thats right But again that is last Year not this and we are only 2 Games into Pre-season Way to Early to be Placing judgement On anyone No matter What last year looked like This Year is Different in Many Scenario's

Watching him in the 2 China games I didn't like what I saw.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

And.....

Back to goaltending.

I like the Glass idea, but with only 8 games left before the season and at least 4 goalies ahead of him it’s doubtful.  Rittich has redeemed his first start and will likely get 2 more, Gillies 2 more and Parsons at least 1 which leaves only 3 for Smith.  Unless there are injuries, a trade or someone seriously falters I can’t see Glass getting a start.

3 minutes ago, cccsberg said:

I like the Glass idea, but with only 8 games left before the season and at least 4 goalies ahead of him it’s doubtful.  Rittich has redeemed his first start and will likely get 2 more, Gillies 2 more and Parsons at least 1 which leaves only 3 for Smith.  Unless there are injuries, a trade or someone seriously falters I can’t see Glass getting a start.

Glass was a filler for while the team was away. I highly doubt he is in the picture at all for the season.

8 hours ago, MAC331 said:

Watching him in the 2 China games I didn't like what I saw.

If the players went full rocket and got injured, I suspect that a lot of Flames fans would be seriously choked. Having said that, we managed a SO in the first game and were really only down one goal in the second game against a very good team. The games mean absolutely nothing. Being upset at Hamonic after two games is analogous to saying we should just trade James Neal because he hasn't scored yet and likely won't score much this year. Maybe we can trade him if we retain 1/2 of his salary.

• Like 1

Really glad Parsons got the help he needed and got his life back on track, that's awesome news.

Hopefully he can kick the door down this season in the AHL. I think very highly of Parsons. This kid is a winner and I really think he will be the goalie of the future for us and will

help us win. His game is very similar to Jonathan Quick not a bad guy to be compared to at all

I went to the 2016 Memorial Cup not knowing much about the London Knights, knew obviously of the Tkachuk-Dvorak-Marner line and Juolevi but that's it. Didn't think much of who would be in net in many cases for dominant teams it doesn't matter, the 2013 Portland Winterhawks come to mind. Anyway I went to the final between the Knights and Huskies and Tyler Parsons put on one of the best goaltending performances I've seen, he was spectacular and I remember leaving that night thinking whoever drafts him is gonna be very lucky. Needless to say I was thrilled with the pick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Really glad Parsons got the help he needed and got his life back on track, that's awesome news.

Hopefully he can kick the door down this season in the AHL. I think very highly of Parsons. This kid is a winner and I really think he will be the goalie of the future for us and will

help us win. His game is very similar to Jonathan Quick not a bad guy to be compared to at all

I went to the 2016 Memorial Cup not knowing much about the London Knights, knew obviously of the Tkachuk-Dvorak-Marner line and Juolevi but that's it. Didn't think much of who would be in net in many cases for dominant teams it doesn't matter, the 2013 Portland Winterhawks come to mind. Anyway I went to the final between the Knights and Huskies and Tyler Parsons put on one of the best goaltending performances I've seen, he was spectacular and I remember leaving that night thinking whoever drafts him is gonna be very lucky. Needless to say I was thrilled with the pick.

Got his life back on track? Were there personal issues going on? He does look really promising.

Just now, Cowtownguy said:

Got his life back on track? Were there personal issues going on? He does look really promising.

Awesome read courtesy of Scott Cruickshank (free from The Athletic)

https://theathletic.com/537582/2018/09/21/flames-prospect-tyler-parsons-opens-up-about-his-mental-health-struggles-i-finally-spoke-up/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The_People1 said:

I think we should put someone on waivers to give a spot to Dube.  So, we have our own waiver issues.

I think we'll be doing that soon enough. 

Could do that with Lazar and Hathaway for starters. Add Graovac, Pelosi and Prout.

I think that would leave Czarnik Janko and Dube or Mangiapane. Rychel 13th F. 

3 goalies and worst one gets waived. Did I account for a full roster?

Or we could just make a trade for him out of the AHL. 

EDIT - Oops I forgot Quine.