Flyers - The O And B

s4xon

• 4 weeks later...

It's a good and necessary move for the Flyers.  Holmgren simply had to go (as GM).  But it's a terrible idea to have him linger around in the background because that suggests to be Hextall doesn't have full control of the team.  I guess we'll see.

I'm excited to see what Hextall will do.

Great new for the Flyers...   There is no doubt that Hex will be a significant upgrade as GM...   and in my mind, he was the best candidate for Philly...

As quoted in another thread, 5 days ago Homer had said that he wasn't ready to change chairs yet, and that they would allow other teams to talk to Hex as a potential GM...   Snider must have done a little "coaxing" in the last few days, no doubt because Hextall was too important to the franchise to lose...

I agree with Peeps on Homer being named president possibly being an issue though...   That said, Hex never took any crap as a player, and I don't think he would put up with any as a GM either...   I  think he will be insistent on any important issues...

FF52 would have a more informed viewpoint, but I think a sizeable amount Philly's fanbase would have preferred Homer either "retired" or was given a position not as influential in the teams direction...

Archived