Trade Deadline 2013

DL44

I guess Pittsburgh has officially kicked off the trade deadline into high gear this weekend and today...

So we might as well start the thread.

Pens have picked up Murray from the sharks for picks, and Brendan Morrow from the stars for a good prospect and picks.

Also:

- Matt D'Agostini, con. 7th to the Devils for con. 4th

- T.J. Brennan to Fla for a 5th from Sabres

- Steckal to the Ducks for Lasch and a 7th

Discuss and post whatever else comes up...

Trade deadline time is also he time for signings as well... as in.. "Sign a deal please, or we'll have no choice but to trade you for asset management reasons"...

Alex Semin, 5 years at $7 million.. Awesome deal for the Canes and Semin... Fantastic skill level.

Tampa Re-Signs Nate Thompson, 4 Years/$1.6 million AAV

• 2 weeks later...

A quick summary of what Dallas has done this season... still have a day to go...

IN:
picks:'13 2nd (Van), conditional 2nd (1st if Bos gets in the ECF), '13 3rd (Oil),  '13 5th (Pens)
players: F Cole

prospects: D Morrow, D Connauton, F Sneep, F MacDermid, F Payne

OUT:

players: Morrow, Jagr, Roy, Fistric, Ryder 

picks: '13 3rd, conditional 7th 

I love Trade Deadline Day, for all the hollow hype around it.  I've been semi-tuned in since 6:00AM this morning when I came into work, and so far, nothing!  I know that, traditionally, trades don't really start get rolling until about 10:00AM Calgary time, but with all the deals that have happened prior to today, there's really almost nothing to report, yet all the talking heads have been pumping this day for everything they've got.  I love it!

Now...having said that...with Kipper being unofficially officially not leaving the Flames, is that the domino that starts the day?

Front page of TSN Website:

"There are less than two hours remaining before the NHL trade deadline and the activity is heating up."

Huh????  this is activity heating up???????

It's poker time!

Those who have held out to the last minute are going to see what the return is maximized at, or balk.

Conacher + 4th for Bishop.

Gaborik to Columbus, huh? Is Columbus honestly thinking they can make a run?

Gaborik was a monster in small market Minny, NY - with Tortorella, notsomuch.

Change of scenery, Gaborik has great skills and a quiet place to be a difference-maker.

Solid move to shake both teams up.

Comeau to the Jackets for a 5th round pick...

Perfect...

Archived