Bork

Louis23

He's been great this year. I have watched every canadiens game, and he's been just like the old Bork. Really he doesn't have the 'wow' stats to show for it, but he definitly deserves at least his two goals today. He's had a presence in every game. He's really flying and going to the net with no fear. This is a guy who had ZERO confidence last year and was probably going to be bought out with the new rule. I'm glad he picked it up, he deserves it. He worked hard in the summer. Now I hope Cammy finds his confidence back too..

Bourque will be the best player on the ice 8 times, a very good player 10 times, invisible 20 times, and worse than invisible 10 times

He had surgery in offseason. Not unlike Joker did. I wish Rene well, the team misses his size when he played well.

I am not losing any sleep over his departure.

I've always been a fan, even since Chicago.

He came hear as a solid 3rd liner that easily took a 2nd spot and produced.

That's all good and well, but when you expect 25-30 goals a year from him, it really proves how lacking your lineup really is. I view him and Glencross exactly the same.

You run these guys out for 12-14 minutes a night, your going to see solid play.

You wheel them out for 16-20/gm, suddenly you're wondering, "why the inconsistency".

MTL still has him in top 6 minutes, the inconsistency will definitely happen, hence CW's post.

I agree with him.

Same as Glencross. Don't give him 1st line minutes and then PK him on top of that, it doesn't work.

Bourque will be the best player on the ice 8 times, a very good player 10 times, invisible 20 times, and worse than invisible 10 times

+1

I miss the Rene Bourque you would get for a third to maybe half the season, but I don't miss the Rene Bourque you got for the remainder. I wish him well, still not a fan of the trade overall, but certainly not suprised he would play well in Montreal I would only be suprised if he continues it..

Glad he's doing well, but also glad we moved him. Those nights when he'd just coast around and hardly make an effort were so hard to watch. I know Bourque is just one of many changes since last year, but I enjoy watching the new Flames so much more, even if we're not getting rewarded for our play yet.

He's been great this year. I have watched every canadiens game, and he's been just like the old Bork. Really he doesn't have the 'wow' stats to show for it, but he definitly deserves at least his two goals today. He's had a presence in every game. He's really flying and going to the net with no fear. This is a guy who had ZERO confidence last year and was probably going to be bought out with the new rule. I'm glad he picked it up, he deserves it. He worked hard in the summer. Now I hope Cammy finds his confidence back too..

It doesn't take a lot to impress you I guess.

A few good games & you see him as a player you want out there for the Flames.

That is a lot more consistent in your posts then Bourque is as a player.

I hope you take disappointment well as Rene has probably already blown his load.

I hope you take disappointment well as Rene has probably already blown his load.

Thats the second ejaculation reference in the last week FF52. I believe the other one was geared towards Connor. Something happen with the 'ol lady you aren't telling us? :P

Don't get me wrong, I laugh every time I see your ref's.

HAHAHA what else would you expect from a broad street bully fan?

Bourqe had to go, kf I had to choose between him and Squid I'd take Squid every time, even with his current dry spell

I was around in the days of the Broad Street Bullies. As you can see by my sig I loved that style. But that was long ago. The Flyers haven't been the Bullies for a few decades now. We carry the occasional player that happens to be both skilled & tough like the players back then (although many only remember the tough but forget the skill).

Somehow nobody besides Cherry seems to mention the Big Bad Bruins of the same era.

I was around in the days of the Broad Street Bullies. As you can see by my sig I loved that style. But that was long ago. The Flyers haven't been the Bullies for a few decades now. We carry the occasional player that happens to be both skilled & tough like the players back then (although many only remember the tough but forget the skill).

Somehow nobody besides Cherry seems to mention the Big Bad Bruins of the same era.

I think its the city itself that carries that reputation more then the phlyers from the 70's, in every sport teams know there in for it tough with Philly fans, even more so if your an underachiever on the home team. More then anything I think the city of Philadelphia excepts heart over grit, then have this never give up attitude that I find infectious.

Where exactly did I say I wanted him a Flames uniform?

I said I was glad for him that he found a way to be good again. Hating much? :blush:

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2013/02/26/sp-nhl-montreal-canadiens-rene-bourque.html

Rene Bourque out with a concussion (again).

This time around, it's even scarier than all the other concussions he's previously had.  This time, they don't know what caused it.  Initially diagnosed as a flu, Bourque got a second opinion and it turns out he was suffering from post-concussion symptoms.  Did he get hit really hard a few games ago and didn't think much of it?  Apparently not.  As per Fan960, they reviewed some game film to see where Bourque may have been rocked but didn't find anything.  Bourque himself cannot recall any single incident that could've caused the concussion, not even a routine bodycheck of any sort.

In other words, i think his career is done.  Maybe something as simple as stopping hard and going fast again is enough to shake his brain.  He should hang them up while he can.

Sad story. I agree with concussion issues, playing hockey is not worth it. Unless Bork wants to have problem for the rest of his non-hockey life like Pronger and Savard. Good thing should be to hang them out if this is really serious. We don,t know how serious it is though. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived