Western Conference Predictions 2013

The_People1

- I see the Oilers making the playoffs due to the shortened season combined with the core being young and playing together on North American ice.

- They have a new coach who also knows the players and the system. Less adjustment time but new clean slate.

- Most important is injuries, or lack there of. This is the first year in recent memory that the Oilers have no injury problems for key players. This is particularly important in regards to Hemsky and Whitney. These were the Oilers two best players before the rebuild and they both have been recovering from serious surgeries over the last two seasons. Both seem to be 100%.

- The Oilers have a legitimate 2nd line. As of today, I would say the Oilers top 6 is better than the Canucks. The Canucks don't have a 2nd line right now. This is the first time the Oilers have had a legit 2nd line in years.

As for your last statement, want to make a sig bet?

If Canucks win President's trophy and Oilers miss playoffs, you pick my sig for the rest of the playoffs. If Oilers make playoffs and Canucks don't win President's trophy I pick your sig for the playoffs. If both teams meet their expectation or both teams fail then tie and no sig. Deal?

Added an edit to the post you quoted...

You still haven't explained why a short season is beneficial for the Oilers over other teams.

In terms of injuries... the Canucks lost the 7th most man games (300+) to injuries last yr and managed to win the President's trophy... they are off to a shaky start in that department with Kesler and Booth... but its only for about 5 weeks.

overall they should be luckier this yr.

The bet is an absolute no-brainer...

I know it's just two games but not the best start for a President's Trophy season.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's just two games but not the best start for a President's Trophy season

Did you just quote yourself?

Don't worry.....Your team (cough, cough) will have a 2 game losing streak too ^_^

NOT RECOMMENDED FOR CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 12.

1-2 caplets, every 4-6 hrs., Max. 8 caplets, per day.

CAUTION: Keep out of reach of children. This package contains enough medicine to seriously harm a child. Use only on the advice of a doctor. May cause drowsiness or excitability. Avoid alcohol. Do not drive or engage in activities requiring alertness. Talk to a doctor before using this product if you have chronic alcoholism, serious kidney or liver disease, high blood pressure, heart or thyroid disease, diabetes, chronic lung disease, glaucoma or difficulty urinating due to enlargement of the prostate gland, or are elderly, pregnant, breast feeding, or taking a drug for depression, including monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor drugs. Consult a doctor if the underlying condition requires continued use for more than 5 days or if you also have a fever. It is hazardous to take more than the maximum recommended dose unless advised by a doctor. Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness may occur at higher doses. In case of accidental overdose, contact a doctor or Poison Control Centre immediately.

I bet because i thought the Canucks would win the President's Trophy?

Go back and read again...

I bet because the Oilers aren't gonna make the playoffs.

In terms of the 2nd line comment - agree 100%. Canucks would be in trouble without rectifying the 2nd line...

Good thing Kesler and Booth are expected back.

In terms of the 2nd line comment - agree 100%. Canucks would be in trouble without rectifying the 2nd line...

Good thing Kesler and Booth are expected back.

- I see the Oilers making the playoffs due to the shortened season combined with the core being young and playing together on North American ice.

- They have a new coach who also knows the players and the system. Less adjustment time but new clean slate.

- Most important is injuries, or lack there of. This is the first year in recent memory that the Oilers have no injury problems for key players. This is particularly important in regards to Hemsky and Whitney. These were the Oilers two best players before the rebuild and they both have been recovering from serious surgeries over the last two seasons. Both seem to be 100%.

- The Oilers have a legitimate 2nd line. As of today, I would say the Oilers top 6 is better than the Canucks. The Canucks don't have a 2nd line right now. This is the first time the Oilers have had a legit 2nd line in years.

As for your last statement, want to make a sig bet?

If Canucks win President's trophy and Oilers miss playoffs, you pick my sig for the rest of the playoffs. If Oilers make playoffs and Canucks don't win President's trophy I pick your sig for the playoffs. If both teams meet their expectation or both teams fail then tie and no sig. Deal?

Added an edit to the post you quoted...

You still haven't explained why a short season is beneficial for the Oilers over other teams.

In terms of injuries... the Canucks lost the 7th most man games (300+) to injuries last yr and managed to win the President's trophy... they are off to a shaky start in that department with Kesler and Booth... but its only for about 5 weeks.

overall they should be luckier this yr.

The bet is an absolute no-brainer...

Canucks have to win the President's trophy and the Oilers have to miss the playoffs for you to win and Oilers have to make the playoffs and Canucks don't win the President's trophy for me to win.

Well your colleague wanted to bet the Canucks would win it so it must mean something.

Canucks without a 2nd line are a 1st round road playoff team at best.

Thinking something will or could happen is not the same as thinking it is important.

Do I want the Canucks to win it? Sure. Because I want them to win as many games as possible. Is it important that they win it? The last 2 years have proven otherwise.

Well your colleague wanted to bet the Canucks would win it so it must mean something.

I would say the Canucks winning the President's Trophy (not that i think they will) is MUCH more likely than the Oilers in the playoffs this yr.

I don't expect to win the bet. But i'm pretty damn sure i won't lose it.

Archived