Kesler Singled Out As Worst Diving Offender

C_worthy

My link

let the fun begin...

Long over due and I am glad to see the NHL making this a priority. I started a thread a long time ago about diving during the Nuck run to the Cup final as it was beyond bad that year.

No surprise, it was the Canucks going all the way to the Cup final. Took a lot of flack for it at the time but I do see diving as big issue, especially for drawing more fans to the game. Tried to watch hockey with people who are new to the game and they have no idea how penalties are called.

I am really glad the NHL is focusing on this issue now because the Stanley Cup should not become a Silver Oscar for the team that can fool the refs best.

I have no problem with this, even as a Canucks fan..... Just because we cheer for the team, doesnt mean we condone the actions of each player. Heck, Bieksa was on this approval board so obviously he didnt have a problem with it and he is Kelser's teamate.

Ive always argued that there should be an independent board who reviews every game and fines players for diving and makes there name public.

Pretty much the worst thing that happens to you when you dive is off-setting minor penalties, i.e. there is no harm in taking the risk.

I've always been dumbfounded by that one. If you're calling a penalty, the embellishment doesn't matter. If you're calling embellishment, there was no penalty.

It should be one or the other, not both.

At least if you're going to call both, make one of them a double-minor...and hand out misconduct's for embellishment because at the end of the day, it is misconduct in the true sense of the word.

It's about the cheapest, dirtiest part of the game that should be removed by putting a high price on it, kind of like Kesler!! :)

Good. Finally. It's only been going on for 30+ yrs.

Did anyone watch '87 Canada Cup when it was replayed? Brutal! dive after dive. Only good part was Canada winning.

Glad Kesler was one of handful to be initially be called out... that game 1 vs the Kings was excruciatingly embarrassing and pathetic to watch.. would of been happy to see him gone as a canuck after seeing that.

Also glad he's immortalized online for it in classic .gif after classic .gif. Maybe comes back without that element in his game... but who are we kidding.

Divers around the league are already known and hear about it on the ice all the time already form the other players... I'm a little skeptical on how positive a list would be.

But if that lil extra bit of embarrassment helps eliminate or decrease the issue, go for it.

But there is a definite Con side of the argument we would need to observe for going forward...

Good. Finally. It's only been going on for 30+ yrs.

Did anyone watch '87 Canada Cup when it was replayed? Brutal! dive after dive. Only good part was Canada winning.

Glad Kesler was one of handful to be initially be called out... that game 1 vs the Kings was excruciatingly embarrassing and pathetic to watch.. would of been happy to see him gone as a canuck after seeing that.

Also glad he's immortalized online for it in classic .gif after classic .gif. Maybe comes back without that element in his game... but who are we kidding.

Divers around the league are already known and hear about it on the ice all the time already form the other players... I'm a little skeptical on how positive a list would be.

But if that lil extra bit of embarrassment helps eliminate or decrease the issue, go for it.

But there is a definite Con side of the argument we would need to observe for going forward...

Why do you always bring up the past DL? That is ancient history.

Beside Kesler Canucks have a whole team of divers, which is why they are AKA the Vancouver Divers.

Going forward, it should be good for us as the Canucks are not focusing on playing hockey the way it suppose to be played while Calgary plays a clean honest game!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived