Who Would You Rather?

gsp393

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makarov

Since you love your Rooskies... Bure or Kharlamov?

Clarke. :lol:

Seriously, I'll leave this for Crzy

When did I get a reputation as a Ruskie, I only sent in 2 suggestions :lol:.

Kharlamov, but not by much.

Peter Forsberg or Eric Lindros?

---------

In all seriousness, Russian players are so similar in terms of technical ability because youth coaches all focus on the same core principles of puck skills and skating ability in Russia. And they've been doing it for generations. Compare the KLM line of Krutov-Larionov-Makarov to the Mogilny-Fedorov-Bure "successor" line and it's really a wash because the players play the same way. And they're all highly skilled players. It's only recently that the Russians have gotten away from having a single dominant line together because of Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, Malkin, Ovechkin....

Peter Forsberg or Eric Lindros?

Forsberg.

In all seriousness, Russian players are so similar in terms of technical ability because youth coaches all focus on the same core principles of puck skills and skating ability in Russia. And they've been doing it for generations. Compare the KLM line of Krutov-Larionov-Makarov to the Mogilny-Fedorov-Bure "successor" line and it's really a wash because the players play the same way. And they're all highly skilled players. It's only recently that the Russians have gotten away from having a single dominant line together because of Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, Malkin, Ovechkin....

In the day they were machines.

J Toews or C Giroux?

Playing catch up: Daigle, Weber, Tavares, Getzlaf (can't get that Ducks-Wings series - 09 playoffs in general), Giroux, Prime Lindros over almost anyone.

Ryan Smyth vs Milan Hedjuk

Hedjuk, if for no other reason than because his peak was better than Smyth's. Otherwise, they're dead even in my books.

Kyte

Joe Sakic or Joe Thorton

We are all over the place here guys....:lol:

Sakic, by far. Thornton's gonna hit 1300 points and that's gonna be a Hall-of-Fame career, but Sakic is on a whole other level. I think of Thornton as more a Tier 3 or 4 superstar, rather than a Tier 2 (which Sakic is).

Derick Brassard or Peter Mueller?

Hedjuk, if for no other reason than because his peak was better than Smyth's. Otherwise, they're dead even in my books.

We are all over the place here guys....:lol:

Sakic, by far. Thornton's gonna hit 1300 points and that's gonna be a Hall-of-Fame career, but Sakic is on a whole other level. I think of Thornton as more a Tier 3 or 4 superstar, rather than a Tier 2 (which Sakic is).

Derick Brassard or Peter Mueller?

Mueller when both are actually playing.

Andy MacDonald vs Brian Gionta

Archived