Louis23

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oilers getting stomped tonight by the Canucks.  A resounding tone with this club.  No amount of magic coaching can turn a team around on a dime, even with a guy like Eakins. 5 head coaches in 5 years.

MacT and Lowe are going to have to trade one of their perennial superstars sometime. One deal with one of their 1st picks could land them 3 solid players for their bottom 6.  Depth is one of many things killing this team as they can't draft worth beans.

Lowe needs to be canned.  He's cancerous.

Heh.. Felt bad for Oiler fan listening to that CBC post game...

It's quite obvious that if you are already a fringe team, you can't be missing your top 2 centers and hope to contend vs better teams.

Man they missed them defensively.

I keep on thinking back to the article that said, the coilers were done with the rebuild and its time to win, I guess they missed the memo. 4-1 for the habs tonight, time to tank for ekblad lol.

It's alright, they'll fix it next year with another head coach, or in 2 years with another GM.  Lowe will become a co-owner by then.

I was wondering what kinda excuses I would hear from the Oilers/ Fans this year, Tonight I heard a new one "MTL got dominated by the worst team in the NHL last night so obviously they would bring it, the Oilers will be a cup team soon as they get a new arena just you wait" -_-  hahaha I just shook my head and laughed!

I just have one question;

How long until Oiler fans start claiming that it was never part of the plan to make the playoffs this year (just a bonus if it happened) and the real plan was to tank for Ekblad?

Then NEXT year - watch out!

Probably near the end of November. Unless they trade @ least 1 of the golden children they'll be planning the draft party.

Checking their threads some are getting desperate but the others just get their koolaid prescription refilled.

& don't forget that 2015 features the next-next-next (etc.) Gretzky.

I just feel sorry for the first-overall pick.  

At some point, there's going to be an ugly standoff.

Under current rules that 1/1 can't do a Mario Lemiuex (refuse to sign until he gets bigger $s) as there is the rookie salary max.

He could however sit until traded (like Eric Lindros). That would be payback for the J Schultz story. :D

Under current rules that 1/1 can't do a Mario Lemiuex (refuse to sign until he gets bigger $s) as there is the rookie salary max.

He could however sit until traded (like Eric Lindros). That would be payback for the J Schultz story. :D

J Schultz' +/- contributing to the Oil's overall GAA is payback enough. But that would be the icing on the cake. :D

I'm sure the next 1st overall pick will have visions of Yakz, Hall, Eberle, Nuge, and the gang all saying, "Joiiiiiinnnn ussssssssss...." in zombie voices.

"What's the matterrrrrrr..."

"We have... potentialllllllllllllllll...!"

"We're a dyyyyyyyyyyyyynastyyyyyyyyyyyy...."

Oh for sure, I'm not suggesting that it would be a salary issue.

Any first-overall pick would have to at least have some concern, in the back of their head, about having their entire career poisoned, and their development stunted.

I'm....not even sure that I'd blame them.   It's starting to get silly.

And...sad.

I'm sure the next 1st overall pick will have visions of Yakz, Hall, Eberle, Nuge, and the gang all saying, "Joiiiiiinnnn ussssssssss...." in zombie voices.

"What's the matterrrrrrr..."

"We have... potentialllllllllllllllll...!"

"We're a dyyyyyyyyyyyyynastyyyyyyyyyyyy...."

:lol:

Archived