Louis23

I'm cheering so hard for edmonton to win more then buffalo and carolina, I would gladly watch mcdavid and eichel go to them other then edmonton. Wouldnt hurt if we won the lottery and they got pushed to drafting 4th either but I can dream cant I.

+100000 percent agree. They actually should not be allowed to pick in the top 6 for the next 3 drafts.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They lose yet again. It's seems they can't even connect passes on routine breakouts. Horrible watching these guys. They can't even progress the puck forward on a regular basis.

Hey, they won against the Blackhawks.  They're allowed a 10 game buffer to recover after such a feat.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap the Oiler's have put together 2 wins in a row! and gladly it has pushed them to drafting 2nd if it were to happen today.

If only Carolina and Arizona could lose a few more games...

I could be wrong but I think that they won 2 in a row in November too.... chokes back a smirk..

It's pretending they aren't ditching Wrek. When it looks seriously like other teams could catch them in the "battle for the bottom" the Oilers have the experience .

I remember that DE said last season that the Flames were playing pretend hockey, and that the Oilers don't play pretend hockey.

This was when Hartley said  we have to think we were playing playoff hockey with he is 7 game segments.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Oiler fans.  Having watched both the Sabres and Oilers live, i would have to say, the Sabres are on their way to #1 odds of drafting McDavid.  You guys will finish 2nd last at best and you may even drop down to 3rd overall if the lotto doesn't go your way.

The Sabres - defend very well infront of their own net.  Their D has size and it is difficult to out muscle them for positioning. They also play the boards well too.  Where the Sabres are terrible is on their breakout and offense.  They complete about 1/3 of their passes out their zone and gain the opposition's zone maybe 1 out of every 4 tries.  Sad.  They may be one of the saddest bunch of forwards in the NHL, ever.

The Oilers - attack at a respectable rate.  Passing is decent.  Offensive zone awareness of the RNH/Eberle combo is good.  At least 2 lines that can gain the offensive zone on a regular basis.  Where the Oilers are terrible is defending their own goal.  They don't defend the passing lanes very well, just lacking the ability to make reads.  Also weak along the boards in the defensive zone.

But all in all, at least the Oilers can play for 1 or 2 periods per game.  The Sabres, on the other hand, rely too much on fluking out the first goal and then holding on for dear life.

Glad I'm far away as possible to see this train wreck but I managed to get a glimpse of two games and thought wtf, I missed this?

Anyway, the only solace I really have is that maybe Katz isn't going to be a huge idiot and hold management accountable. If not, then sell to a new damn owner cause I'm tired of this management.

Glad I'm far away as possible to see this train wreck but I managed to get a glimpse of two games and thought wtf, I missed this?

Anyway, the only solace I really have is that maybe Katz isn't going to be a huge idiot and hold management accountable. If not, then sell to a new damn owner cause I'm tired of this management.

Go to the Oilers board & read the thread about the grimy side of hockey. If you're counting on Katz to do things to help the Oilers you tied yourself to the wrong dream.

I can't help but think, maybe management is doing exactly what's expected of them.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/leafs-oilers-or-sens-which-team-needs-connor-mcdavid-more-1.2947188

Go to the Oilers board & read the thread about the grimy side of hockey. If you're counting on Katz to do things to help the Oilers you tied yourself to the wrong dream.

Yeah I realize it's grim. I could be depressed about it, switch teams, etc. But I'm going to just sit back and still wait patiently for the team to improve. It's been nearly a decade and while things are still looking down for them I still have at least a shred of hope maybe management can change. My dream can be crushed but hey, a career as bad as that management can't last forever. Also, living life away from hockey really improves my sanity and getting into other sports helps but I still come back every once awhile cause I do love that team, I have a sense of humour about things and yeah they do suck but they're my hometown and a part of my identity over here being away from home. They brought many great memories in my life, especially those late hockey nights with my late grandpa. I thought about giving up on them before but I can't now.

I can't help but think, maybe management is doing exactly what's expected of them.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/leafs-oilers-or-sens-which-team-needs-connor-mcdavid-more-1.2947188

Wish they can drift away from the losing culture and seeing Lowe with that smirk.... *sigh*

Yeah I realize it's grim. I could be depressed about it, switch teams, etc. But I'm going to just sit back and still wait patiently for the team to improve. It's been nearly a decade and while things are still looking down for them I still have at least a shred of hope maybe management can change. My dream can be crushed but hey, a career as bad as that management can't last forever. Also, living life away from hockey really improves my sanity and getting into other sports helps but I still come back every once awhile cause I do love that team, I have a sense of humour about things and yeah they do suck but they're my hometown and a part of my identity over here being away from home. They brought many great memories in my life, especially those late hockey nights with my late grandpa. I thought about giving up on them before but I can't now.

Kid, you have/had friends on this board. Trolling can easily change it to the past tense.

You're young so can wait another decade or 2 until the Oilers improve in rebuild phase 3 or 4.

Trolling? Seriously?

I been banned here for donkeys ages before and I get the feeling I'm no longer wanted here so uhm, thanks everyone for turning against me.

Bye.

I typically like to step in when things go sideways.

Pretty sure ff52 didn't mean it as you read it, it's in jest.

Holy crap someone's touchy.

British much lol!

My best trolling trick was meeting women that made British men "uncomfortable", shall we say....

You're in Britain, no big. Relax, we aren't.

Don't take stuff as personal attack, life's too short. (to cheer for the greasers lol)

Trolling? Seriously?

I been banned here for donkeys ages before and I get the feeling I'm no longer wanted here so uhm, thanks everyone for turning against me.

Bye.

Nobody's turned against you, we appreciate your posts.   I'm not exactly sure what ff52 meant but I think it's safe to assume it was simply a poorly delivered joke.   Which we are all guilty of on here from time to time.

The Oilers have become so incredibly...bad...that threads like this are becoming awkward and none of us are exactly sure what to say or how to joke.

It has gone from a thread of Oilers fans versus Oilers haters / Flames fans........

To a thread of all of us, whoever we cheer for, just watching a car accident happen in slow motion before our eyes.  Wanting, but unable, to look away from the horror and amazement that is the Oilers right now.

This is way past one group against another group.

This is just...awkward.

And you can be sure that no personal offense was intended.

To clarify, I was referring to Anie's posts in the GDT. As other long time posters said it was outright trolling.

I always like(d) Anie so my comment was meant to tell her to tone it down so as not to alienate her friends here.

If it was taken as anything other I'm sorry.

Kid, you have/had friends on this board. Trolling can easily change it to the past tense.

I always like(d) Anie

Quit being on a fence and have your own opinion. Cause that's pretty weak. It's like you want to personal attack but then you don't want a warning.

Been around since 2007 and this whole troll thing is always tagged on me no matter what the hell I write so what's the point anymore.

To clarify, I was referring to Anie's posts in the GDT. As other long time posters said it was outright trolling.

It was trolling...

Lol flames are losing

:)

That type of comment would not be be welcome on the Oilers board, and there are 28 other NHL teams fans that would not appreciate it on their teams boards either...   It's just somebody with nothing better to do looking for trouble...

It was trolling...

That type of comment would not be be welcome on the Oilers board, and there are 28 other NHL teams fans that would not appreciate it on their teams boards either...   It's just somebody with nothing better to do looking for trouble...

I could honestly write anything and you'd say it was trolling. You never liked me anyway with your stupid photo that was deleted in the same thread with London pants.

Archived