Louis23

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care how much you hate the franchise...

This video is difficult to watch...

feel bad for those kids...  couldn't even imagine the feeling....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNfwfJ7aRPI

I think Lowe and Mac T should be forced to move their offices along that hallway..

Broke my heart watching that. Why anyone would want to play in Edmonton is way beyond my powers of reasoning. Those kids deserve to get booed maybe... on the ice, but after the game? In the hallway? Never.

People should be stalking Katz and Lowe and booing them at Starbucks. Only then will we see any change happen in oil country.

You owe me a new keyboard and monitor, since they're both now coffee-soaked.

Hahahaha its definitely the best Oilers pic Ive seen in awhile!

forget the pic...

You guys really want to be fascinated and mind-boggled... here's the gif..

And if anyone can explain it, please let me know..

i find it equal parts -Funny, -Fascinating, -Creepy, -Disturbing

ibznd2PwRKPVeF.gif

ibznd2PwRKPVeF.gif

I can't read lips all that well, but it looks to me like he's saying "I like apple sauce/juice". :blink:

My best explanation is that they're all drunk, and they're hiding it in their Gatorade bottles (this would explain so many things, actually).

If you guys don't mind, I'm just gonna refer to him as "Former Calgary Flame Dallas Eakins" from now on.

Um-kaaay.. Thaaanks!

My favorite memory of Eakins as a player is from his 1st short stint as a member of the original Jets. Teemu breaks the record, tosses his glove in the air & did the rifle thing with his stick.

Eakins tried to catch the glove. Failed @ that too.

:mellow:

Oilers fan here. Obviously I can't post this on the OMB. Hopefully you guys find it as funny as I did. I'm laughing hysterically, but I'm really crying on the inside.

Admin edit: move this from it's own topic to here.  Sorry 420since1971, had to blow away your comment in order to do this.

Hilarious! I thought Michael Palin of Python fame was Hitler at the start. But it turned very dramatic instead lol.

But yeah, EVERYONE knows the problem. Somehow, it doesn't seem to make a lick of difference.

Then it gets side-stepped with, "are Oilers fans bad people for booing"? Oil-Town? Give me a boardinging break...

I feel sorry for Oiler fans too.

LOL NO I DON'T!! 

BAhahaha haha.  This is the greatest time in Oiler history for Flames fans.  If it's broken, then don't fix it.  Please.  LOL... Booing the whole team off the ice... OMG, the only thing better than the Oilers losing are Oilers fans losing too.  Like, almost, ALMOST as loser as burning down your own city after a Cup loss.  But still very disgraceful.

No honestly, i don't feel sorry for Oilers fans.  Funny video though.

and one of the big topics of discussion the Oiler fans are having lately:

I had never heard of this until I read your post and watched the vid.  That's is downright embarrassing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My bro is an Oilers fan.  About 5 years ago, he was just starting to get interested in hockey as I was slowly winning him over in the sport.  He asked which team I liked, and I said the Calgary Flames.  I urged him to join me in this wonderful Flames Fandom, and he got back to me 2 days later saying he's going to be an Oilers fan.  I warned him not to, but he wouldn't listen.  His reason was because "remember back in the late 80's and early 90's when they were a power house?  All those hockey cards we had of Gretzky, Messier, Coffee, etc?"  Again, I said, don't go there, they are a horrible team and you will regret it.

Well he calls me the other day, saying he's depressed because his team sucks and yadda yadda yadda, etc.  And how his team can't play like the Flames, and how the Flames show fight and tenancity, and they are in friggen year 2 of a rebuild, etc.  

I calmly said, "remember that day when you were at a crossroads, and didn't know who to cheer for, and you picked the Oilers over the Flames?  And I told you to make sure you choose wisely?   Well, in the words of the crusader in Indiana Jones...."

"You chose........poorly".  He was pissed.  Hasn't spoken to me since.  :lol: 

Kind of sad to think he may end up being drafted by the Oilers

The sickening thing is that McDavid is supposed to be so good, he might actually turn the rebuild around single handed.  They won't compete for the cup with this group, but in two years they could be in the playoffs riding the back of an 80 point season by their latest first overall. Then Lowe will croon about how right he was all along, didn't I tell you I knew about winning, etc.  The upside is that in about 4 years or so all their former stars (cough*Hall*cough) will be disgruntled playing second fiddle in Edmonton and still not winning any cups that they will look to sign elsewhere as UFAs and the process will start again....

Or McDavid could pull a Lindros and demand a trade for the good of his own career, well being, sanity, etc.

The sickening thing is that McDavid is supposed to be so good, he might actually turn the rebuild around single handed.  They won't compete for the cup with this group, but in two years they could be in the playoffs riding the back of an 80 point season by their latest first overall. Then Lowe will croon about how right he was all along, didn't I tell you I knew about winning, etc.  The upside is that in about 4 years or so all their former stars (cough*Hall*cough) will be disgruntled playing second fiddle in Edmonton and still not winning any cups that they will look to sign elsewhere as UFAs and the process will start again....

Or McDavid could pull a Lindros and demand a trade for the good of his own career, well being, sanity, etc.

Or the concept of being no better with a talent like McDavid.  With each 1st overall or high-ranked player they draft, they still are missing the boat on their D core and their lack of seconadry scoring and true #1C.  RNH is adequate, but does not play enough without the puck to be a true #1. Their D is in horible shape.

Or the concept of being no better with a talent like McDavid.  With each 1st overall or high-ranked player they draft, they still are missing the boat on their D core and their lack of seconadry scoring and true #1C.  RNH is adequate, but does not play enough without the puck to be a true #1. Their D is in horible shape.

McDavid could be that number 1C they need though.  That would give them McD, Nuge, Draisaitl at centre plus some of the others in their system (Yakimov, Arcobello) which could fill in either 3 or 4C.  The key to this is that they now have greater flexibility to make trades.  With so many high offense guys, they could afford to trade an Eberle or Yakipov for other positional needs.  Or they could trade a guy like Draisaitl whose value won't have diminished that much simply because no other team would have him in the line up at this point in his career.  That could give you your chance to pick up a good D prospect.  It won't fix everything overnight, but it could actually help more than your typical first overall.

Archived