Louis23

- Fire Eakins
- Trade Petry (coming soon - maybe the 3rd ever Flames Oilers trade - Wideman for Petry)
- Send Draisaitl to Jr. (most likely after 9 games)
- Call up Klefbom (coming soon)
- Send Nurse to Jr. (DONE)
- Call up Marincin (DONE)
- Send down Hunt (he has pics of Eakins and Jultz)
- Reward Yakupov with more ice
- Trade Eberle
- Put RNH on LTIR
- Move Hall to center (tried it before; didn't work)
- Waive Scirvens (what, admit failure?)
- Bring up the other Yak.. Yakim-something (already done, played like 2 minutes)
- Re-hire Eakins as VP of Media Relations/Catering 

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

uh oh...

Add this to the list of things going against the Canucks mojo to win...

Scirvens!

Gene Principe ‏@GenePrincipe 12m12 minutes ago

"I'm going to win that game."One of the things said by Ben Scrivens to Dallas Eakins as they talked about his start tonight vs. Vancouver.

Guaranteed win night by Scirvens.

I think the biggest mistake was to fire Krueger. With him as Coach the team was ahead of the Flames the only time in the past 7 (or more) years.

I would suggest to bring him back.

Would be cool, but that will never happen since he's in Southampton making tonnes of money. He's got a better job there and has no need to come back.

I can't decide if I'm gonna just cry for a bit, or go full bore and jump off a bridge.

I feel your pain :(.

I think the biggest mistake was to fire Krueger. With him as Coach the team was ahead of the Flames the only time in the past 7 (or more) years.

I agree completely.... but, there is no way Krueger would come back to Edmonton.  It was pretty much a stepping stone for him, he's better off now.

If I am a top prospect nowadays, I am not sure, if I want to be a part of this organization. I would probably sit out the three years.

To be honest I would be afraid that I cannot develop on a team like the Oilers. It would endanger my career. Either kids like Draisaitl are already that professional that they can play that excitement so well, or they haven't watched Oilers hockey a lot and only saw the three first overall picks on the roster.

Sounds like the Pengies were interested in Krueger...   It was a mistake to not give him at least another season or two in Edmonton, but I can't see him ever wanting to go back there now...

From: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/edmonton-oilers/Hockey+World+Matheson+Oilers+Penguins/10296321/story.html?cid=dlvr.it-twitter-ej_oilers

78040844950236248853c3fefa469be6.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hall gone for up to 13 games. They were bad enough with Hall; imagine what they are without him. Hunt gets demoted to the joy of fans, even though Jultz makes anyone look bad. Klefbom will come in a try to make Jultz look good. If not, he is back down.

The common thread is Jultz; he is career -43. Wake up Edmonton, that is a winter record low temperature, bit a +- stat.

Hall gone for up to 13 games. They were bad enough with Hall; imagine what they are without him. Hunt gets demoted to the joy of fans, even though Jultz makes anyone look bad. Klefbom will come in a try to make Jultz look good. If not, he is back down.

The common thread is Jultz; he is career -43. Wake up Edmonton, that is a winter record low temperature, bit a +- stat.

Honestly they are lost without Hall.  He's the only real driving force on the team.  Like you said they are bad with him, just imagine how bad it will be without him.  The only player with any heart is out... this is going to be a very long month, and thusly season.

Honestly they are lost without Hall.  He's the only real driving force on the team.  Like you said they are bad with him, just imagine how bad it will be without him.  The only player with any heart is out... this is going to be a very long month, and thusly season.

I'm hoping the Flyers seriously kick the Oilers behinds tonight.

You know I'll always root for the Flyers but for Oiler fans it might force KLowe/MacT off the pot. :)

I'll be honest with you; I follow the team (live among the enemy). I'm not a fan due to the Klowe influence and smugness in picking 1st overall for being bad. Hall is a good player. Eberle is a floater, who sometimes shows up. Amazing skill that just needs to be on a team that demands effort.

I think every team thought Jultz would be a great pickup, because he was free and had good numbers. Yak could be a good player but suffers from being a puckhog. He needs to learn defense, so he doesn't become another Iggy.

Archived