24-25 Training Camp

conundrumed

7 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Everything is better than getting zero from assets.

Eternity isn't such a long time. lol

Sometimes you can't get anything though, I'm sure GM's work the phones before putting players like this through waivers its usually when teams want the player and are lower on the waiver priority that they will pay.  One thing I find funny is that the two players taken after him were also waived yesterday while the 3 player drafted after is a UFA, for most five years after your draft you either are or aren't an NHL player. 

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

Looking at Cap Wages for C-bus wasn't fun. I scrolled down too far to see Gaudreau's status. Damn, did you have to be so blunt? NA would have been fine.

Well there is also this POS

He did change it to Gaudreau from heaven, still dumb.  

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

Looking at Cap Wages for C-bus wasn't fun. I scrolled down too far to see Gaudreau's status. Damn, did you have to be so blunt? NA would have been fine.

What is cold and cruel is that Meredith will not see a dime of his remaining contract.  Given that the driver was charged with a crime, his insurance will cover squat.  I hope the team does right by his family.

Just putting it out there Lavoie was also waived and we could claim him with a simple non-waiver move.  I don't think having prospects as 13th and 14th forwards makes a ton of sense, and likely Honzek will just get 9 games in.  The only reason I would even consider Lavoie is he looked good in the Memorial, all except for the final game.  He's a RHS and it wouldn't hurt to have him sitting.  Try him out with the 4th line.

One of those things that ain't never going to happen.  There were better choices anyway.

10 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Just putting it out there Lavoie was also waived and we could claim him with a simple non-waiver move.  I don't think having prospects as 13th and 14th forwards makes a ton of sense, and likely Honzek will just get 9 games in.  The only reason I would even consider Lavoie is he looked good in the Memorial, all except for the final game.  He's a RHS and it wouldn't hurt to have him sitting.  Try him out with the 4th line.

One of those things that ain't never going to happen.  There were better choices anyway.

He wouldn't play over anything they already have on their roster and not only that they have call ups that would be better than him. 

Claiming him just create a backlog of depth they don't need. 

33 minutes ago, sak22 said:

Well there is also this POS

He did change it to Gaudreau from heaven, still dumb.  

Ahhh, THAT's the original. Point 13 needs to be included for context.

13. After a proper period of mourning, the Lady Byng Trophy will be renamed in memory of Johnny (and Matthew) Gaudreau. Lady Byng had a great 100-year run. John won the Byng in 2017 and was a true gentleman of the game. It would also be appropriate for on-ice officials to vote on the award.

Not a good look. Just poorly written. Not defending him. These guys can barely speak english well. Writing it is pretty much a write-off.

Thanks twitter...

From an NHL perspective, not fussed by losing Schwindt as I don't think he is an NHL player. Depth was nice to have though

But that really sucks for the Wranglers. as he was a good piece for them. Only silver lining is Morton and Kerins are likely going to get a lot of ice time down there now. 

• Like 1

Schwindt an interesting claim by Vegas

Eichel
Hurtl

Karlsson

Barbashev

roy

Bowden

That's their center depth. Obviously they play some of them down the wing but Schwindt is a step down, and a big one, from all of those names. So I don't think they see him as a center. 

Losing Aston-Reese means their 4th line RW spot is open but them being lower on the prioirty list and getting both Schwindt and Lavoie makes me wonder if they figured they were going to lose Aston-Reese do did a claim on both Lavoie and Schwindt in the hopes of getting at least 1. 

Long story short, I don't think we should be surprised if the Flames get a shot at getting Schwindt back. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Schwindt an interesting claim by Vegas

Eichel
Hurtl

Karlsson

Barbashev

roy

Bowden

That's their center depth. Obviously they play some of them down the wing but Schwindt is a step down, and a big one, from all of thsoe names. 

Losing Aston-Reese means their 4th line RW spot is open so either they see him as a RW or they put in claims on he and Lavoid (knowing they'd lose Aston-Reese) and see what happens. 

Long story short, I think the Flames might get a got at getting Schwindt back if they want him as i'm not sure Schwindt answers many questions for Vegas. 

It makes you consider how deep trades of guys like Hanifin run. There's paper, and then perhaps vapour trails in front of and behind.

Who doesn't love conspiracy theories these days?

We claim Pachal, Hanifin trade, they claim Schwindt.

Tit-for-tat.

What's funny is Reimer.

"Okay Dostal, I'm going to teach you how to be a tire-fire while maintaining respectable stats". lol

7 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

It makes you consider how deep trades of guys like Hanifin run. There's paper, and then perhaps vapour trails in front of and behind.

Who doesn't love conspiracy theories these days?

We claim Pachal, Hanifin trade, they claim Schwindt.

Tit-for-tat.

What's funny is Reimer.

"Okay Dostal, I'm going to teach you how to be a tire-fire while maintaining respectable stats". lol

By that logic, we claimed Hanley, then trade Tanev to them.  They must be waiting for the next waiver claim to get one of ours.  Vegas was lower on the priority list for waivers....

3 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

OMG.  It's like he is invisible to me and isn't playing to his potential.

It's still a killer trade for us, just blown by a stupid GM.

Yeah well, you are right on there... I think the trade was great, the GM signing a big mistake.

• Like 2

Just now, cberg said:

Yeah well, you are right on there... I think the trade was great, the GM signing a big mistake.

The money was not my concern, other than it's a handcuff if we ever decide to trade him.

In 3 years time that is a pretty normal contract.

Weegar was great value.

The loss of the 1st to MTL is what bothers me the most.

You can blame it on the Neal signing that begat Lucic that resulted in not being able to trade Lucic.

Instead we pay a big price to give away Monahan.

His value was never going to be lower than it was that summer.

I don't hold a grudge.  TML will have similar issues at some point.

They can pay us to help them out of a crunch.