2025 NHL Draft

Thebrewcrew

13 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

Everyone who is involved in making these rules should be fired or relocated to Edmonton.

The CHL would take a massive hit in talent without the AHL deal.

You should be fired and relocated to Edmonton. lol

Should be interesting to see these '24 dmen draftees progress, will be interesting…

I'd have taken Dickinson 10/10x at 9 if I'm being honest. The difference between hoping or knowing you have something. I'm all about floor with dmen. As much as, "D is the easiest thing to teach" gets tossed around like candy at a parade when you're 7.

High floor is just being coachable and understand how to play within a framework. High ceiling typically means risk. Not always, but more often than not.

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

Should be interesting to see these '24 dmen draftees progress, will be interesting…

I'd have taken Dickinson 10/10x at 9 if I'm being honest. The difference between hoping or knowing you have something. I'm all about floor with dmen. As much as, "D is the easiest thing to teach" gets tossed around like candy at a parade when you're 7.

High floor is just being coachable and understand how to play within a framework. High ceiling typically means risk. Not always, but more often than not.

that is who I was hoping for in this draft, but happy to have an offensive D man too. I like an idea of a Top Pair D, someone like your ex Dman Lidstrom. Not saying Dickinson is that dominant, more that to have similar aspects could be great, solid all-rounded. 

But trying to reframe mind frames to positive and like Parekh. I hope he can work on D a lot more. 

what happens if the Flames keep him next season, if they send to the AHL mid-season, does he have to get redirected to the junior team?

What would be the issue with junior hockey having junior players in it?

Not enough talent?  build some more arenas, make hockey more affordable, grow the sport, maybe?

When I was a kid you could go to an arena during the day and skate.    Can't do that anymore unless you want to book an hour.   You're trying to solve the problem from the wrong end.

I'd have taken Dickinson 10/10x at 9 if I'm being honest.

Dickinson was entirely invisible in his training camp like basically all other defencemen, I think you're a little early to claim a win here.   Super glad it wasn't your call.

The difference between hoping or knowing you have something.

Terrible outlook on life lol.

I'm all about floor with dmen. As much as, "D is the easiest thing to teach" gets tossed around like candy at a parade when you're 7.

Nobody ever said that.    You built that up in your head to justify your preference for a guy with extremely limited offensive ability which is highly unlikely to get significantly better.     Rather than admit you have issues putting faith in kids when they demonstrate extraordinary abilities.

Did you see that goal Dickinson scored in training camp?

No you didn't.

You won't next year either.   He might make the NHL a year earlier but by the time he is in his prime he will be like dozens of other defencemen who are strong defensively and cheap to acquire.    Parekh, on the other hand, you'll see him score next training camp too, and you'll see the defensive gap between the two close.  

You want Dickinson that bad we can spend a 3rd rounder 10 years from now and have him in his prime, if we even have to pay for him.   Talk about something you can know now.

Teaching D is not easy but neither is teaching you.   

No risk, no Stanley cups.    

1 hour ago, jjgallow said:

What would be the issue with junior hockey having junior players in it?

Not enough talent?  build some more arenas, make hockey more affordable, grow the sport, maybe?

When I was a kid you could go to an arena during the day and skate.    Can't do that anymore unless you want to book an hour.   You're trying to solve the problem from the wrong end.

Dickinson was entirely invisible in his training camp like basically all other defencemen, I think you're a little early to claim a win here.   Super glad it wasn't your call.

Terrible outlook on life lol.

Nobody ever said that.    You built that up in your head to justify your preference for a guy with extremely limited offensive ability which is highly unlikely to get significantly better.     Rather than admit you have issues putting faith in kids when they demonstrate extraordinary abilities.

Did you see that goal Dickinson scored in training camp?

No you didn't.

You won't next year either.   He might make the NHL a year earlier but by the time he is in his prime he will be like dozens of other defencemen who are strong defensively and cheap to acquire.    Parekh, on the other hand, you'll see him score next training camp too, and you'll see the defensive gap between the two close.  

You want Dickinson that bad we can spend a 3rd rounder 10 years from now and have him in his prime, if we even have to pay for him.   Talk about something you can know now.

Teaching D is not easy but neither is teaching you.   

No risk, no Stanley cups.    

Dude, breathe. lol

Why so hangry?

At the end of the day, it's just an alternative opinion.

• Like 1