Stanley Cup Final

10 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Edmonton has a great penalty kill.

But for FLA, shorthanded goals are absolute backbreakers. Two games in a row, they've got the first PP of the game and end up trailing. 

Absolutely it is a punch in the gut, expecting to be ahead and ending up behind.  Devastating.  

Seems like Florida has changed up their D coverages, especially on the PK.  Early in series very aggressive, now sitting back in their box allowing Oilers ample opportunity to move it around.  Too passive.

Alternatively, Oilers playing as a solid team.

Florida really needs to find a way to win this or at least get it to OT. The longer this goes the more I think this is gonna go 7. Bobs looking shaky, Floridas D is starting to get exposed, Oilers PP is cooking and McDavid is going next level. 

First 3 games, Florida took it to the Oil. Hard forecheck, hard backcheck, they strangled the game away from Edmonton. No room to move or breathe, and the puck was always pushed towards the oiler zone. Edmonton will get their chances and shots and power plays every game, but since florida went up 3-0, they’re letting the oil skate and come at them. Biggest difference I see. Florida has to get back on their forecheck - and pressure the oilers D to make poor exit passes and mistakes.

• Like 1

Just now, Thebrewcrew said:

Another Oiler shorty coming?

4 on 4 - the favourable edmonton scenario. What are the special teams at tonight? Florida get any PPs? Was happy to see the 2 non calls against the oil and then the puck end up in the back of the net.  

1 minute ago, LouCifer said:

4 on 4 - the favourable edmonton scenario. What are the special teams at tonight? Florida get any PPs? Was happy to see the 2 non calls against the oil and then the puck end up in the back of the net.  

Dang. I've got it on mute lol

I think this series is going 7 and if I were a betting person j think the Oilers are going to win it. 

They’ve really solved the panthers and the Panthers have no answer for McDavid. To be fair with the way he’s playing right now I don’t know a team that would.