Stanley Cup Final

1 minute ago, phoenix66 said:

I totally get the letdown ..the disappointment..all that.   But that was kind of classless 

I get it, but it's an honour that you need to put your big boy pants on for.

You battle hard and won something for an amazing effort.

It's not a participation ribbon.

Anyway, all is right in the world now.

Dogs and cats sleep in seperate houses.

No mass hysteria.

Just now, conundrumed said:

Must be a hard watch for Huberdeau...

Poor Oilers. I'm sure they'll win it next year. Well, at least the cheerleaders pretty much celebrated it for a couple days after game 6.

I hope Huberdeau asks for a trade.

Just now, conundrumed said:

Poor Oilers. I'm sure they'll win it next year. Well, at least the cheerleaders pretty much celebrated it for a couple days after game 6.

Sure, if they can avoid VGK and Colorado again.  

7 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

I totally get the letdown ..the disappointment..all that.   But that was kind of classless 

I don’t think the guy has much experience losing … this might be his first time. He’ll learn to accept future trophy’s after he loses. 

Just now, LouCifer said:

I don’t think the guy has much experience losing … this might be his first time. He’ll learn to accept future trophy’s after he loses. 

Nah, he did the Wayne Gretzky.  First player to not come out for the three stars at the end of losing game.  Just let him.

2 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

Those people making those AI interviews are gonna have a blast with this 😀 

• Haha 1

I thought McDavid was the deserving finalist. He was unreal in these playoffs. I don’t think it’s a big deal he didn’t come out. It really does, and should, mean nothing to him. 

congrats to Florida. Still love Tkachuk and Bennett, big fan of Barkov, just some likeable players on that team I was rooting for 

Just now, LouCifer said:

Congrats Florida. Under these circumstances, we’re glad we could help! 😏

It would be a lot different if Tkachuk and bunch beat us in the SCF.

Well that's a long way off, LOL.

Just now, Thebrewcrew said:

It’s so hard to get back to this point.

sure Edmonton could get back.

Are they here if they don’t get 96% on the PK though. Not really repeatable.

They have a week to get a GM under contract and try and sign Janmark and Brown who were huge for their PK.  Although I'm sure both helped their case if they hit the market.

6 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

It would be a lot different if Tkachuk and bunch beat us in the SCF.

Well that's a long way off, LOL.

The flames fingerprints were all over trying to sabotage Edmonton’s path to the cup. We improved Vancouver with Lindy and Zad, we gave Dallas Tanev, and Florida has 3 former flames playing for them. We put a lot of proximity mines for our friends to the north lol

Happy to see the hockey gods still prefer Florida over Alberta. When we get back to the SCF, we just need to play a different state that they don’t like. 🤓

Just now, cross16 said:

I thought McDavid was the deserving finalist. He was unreal in these playoffs. I don’t think it’s a big deal he didn’t come out. It really does, and should, mean nothing to him. 

congrats to Florida. Still love Tkachuk and Bennett, big fan of Barkov, just some likeable players on that team I was rooting for 

Yeah I was really hoping to draft Sasha.  He's a monster, as that idiot used to say (McGuore).

No doubt McDavid was the best player in the SC playoffs.

I do think winning the CS trophy is more than just the Whales or Campbell trophies.

Maybe he shouldn't come out in that environment, but I think it would have shown he is a good sport.

He shows up for every other trophy he has won and will be in Vegas for the next ones.

7 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

It’s so hard to get back to this point.

sure Edmonton could get back.

Are they here if they don’t get 96% on the PK though. Not really repeatable.

Florida wil be interesting.. so many important UFA that need raises. I can see some hometown discounts.. but gonna be tough 

4 minutes ago, sak22 said:

They have a week to get a GM under contract and try and sign Janmark and Brown who were huge for their PK.  Although I'm sure both helped their case if they hit the market.

Well, Brown gets a huge payout for his 10+ game regular season.

At least they saved the upgraded pick from TDL.

The tougher thing is filling a roster with $10M and Campbell signed.

7 F to sign and 2 D.