Stanley Cup Final

Just now, Thebrewcrew said:

So much time for Bouchard to unload there. Saved  by the pipe.

Reminds me of the Flames.  I guess that you could say that he didn't even get a shot on nets.

Or that Bob guarded the net and only the post was available.

LOL

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

Reminds me of the Flames.  I guess that you could say that he didn't even get a shot on nets.

Or that Bob guarded the net and only the post was available.

LOL

Post is not good shooting. I've been told.

2 hours ago, robrob74 said:

The Flames didn’t plan this either. The Flames didn’t plan to be drafting 9th overall this year. The Monahan deal was proof the Flames expected to compete… So in all actuality, might be very much in the what happens happens camp due to luck. Good or bad, we never chose this route while some of us think it was leaning this way long before it happened. But Johnny nearly signed, so how could we have known?

Never said they did. Rebuilds are basically never planned.

just saying that if the Oilers win I don’t think the lesson is “suck for as long as it takes to get lucky in a lottery so we can draft one of the best players the world has ever seen”. 

3 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Never said they did. Rebuilds are basically never planned.

just saying that if the Oilers win I don’t think the lesson is “suck for as long as it takes to get lucky in a lottery so we can draft one of the best players the world has ever seen”. 

This is exactly right. Drafting first overall very seldom lands Connor McDavid. This point is frequently ignored in this narrative, and to make it worse — he was their fourth in six years. For every McDavid, there are several Yakupovs.

Love.

Prediction…oilers loose and it’s due to a questionable call from the refs…2004 all

over again just different Fla and Alt teams…

hope I’m wrong, while as a fire hard flames fan I’d normally not support the oilers in this case it’s more about the conspiracy of Canadian teams being blocked out by Bettman.

i want to see an oilers win to restore my faith in the sport more than anything else.

10 minutes ago, cross16 said:

absolutely horrible. Can’t believe you’d call that early in the season let alone now

And who did that call favour? Oil or Fla? I’m asking cause I don’t know and my previous comment..

1 minute ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Break neck pace. This is an excellent game.

Close call for EDM. FLA takes it down the ice and scores.

Reinhart is earning his raise.

I'm watching the slightly delayed ABC coverage.