New for Game Day Threads next season (2024-25)

Met with one of our team Overlords yesterday, and not only got official approval, but also promise of an actual prize budget*, to award prizes for next year's Game Day Threads.  Prizes include signed game jerseys, and signed sticks.

I noticed the threads were starting to get a little weak (by our own standards, no one else's) towards the end of the season, so I pitched the idea to give away awards at the end of the season for those who create them, to try and get some life back into our home.

So the idea is to award prizes at the end of the regular season only for winners in different categories.  The mandate is to come up with 5 categories, so once again I'm turing to you folks for ideas.

So far, I've come up with:

• Most Threads Created
  • Most Creative (will be voted on at the end of the season)
  • Most Wins

If you have any suggestions, please post them here.  If you don't like what I've come up with, feel free to let me know what you'd like to see as an alternative.

*budget, in this sense, refers to the Digital Media team (our direct overlords' department) using their interal merch budget for us

That's fantastic!! Outside of me being digitally underwhelming.

Not sure what 5 categories will look like.

Most creative prolly ties into most creative. I feel there's kind of a "normal" as far as data, where I'd just as soon have more Dallas mouthy redneck kids getting popped. lol

Maybe funniest? Though humour can be subjective.

Best use of Flames main page and analysts maybe?

Best homage maybe..."this day in Flames history" type-thing?

I'll try to think of excrement to throw at the wall to see what might stick.

It can't be tough to have 5 solid categories....can it? lol

Should I claim most losses now?  LOL awesome idea and very cool to see this.

This should not only prompt me to get into more production but others as well. Most of my posts are during game day and would like to see more during that time.

Kudos again Kulstad.

As a Mod, I normally created threads barely in advance of a game, if I noticed nobody had created a thread.

RocketDoc was usually early, so I would know those days it was covered.

The sign-up thread was used for some time, but once the Flames started dropping out, it stagnated a bit.

The idea of incentives is great.  Maybe have more than one willing to do a GDT.

I have some trouble doing justice to the thread quality, but that's what I have to work with on my PC.

15 hours ago, travel_dude said:

As a Mod, I normally created threads barely in advance of a game, if I noticed nobody had created a thread.

RocketDoc was usually early, so I would know those days it was covered.

The sign-up thread was used for some time, but once the Flames started dropping out, it stagnated a bit.

The idea of incentives is great.  Maybe have more than one willing to do a GDT.

I have some trouble doing justice to the thread quality, but that's what I have to work with on my PC.

For the last 10 years or so it's mostly been you and peeps holding the fort up so to speak.  and I mean...with duct tape.

If there is an actual effort to get these forums going again, it could be pretty great and a lot of fun, but also very good timing.

In terms of the rebuild we're not having, this is usually a time when you get a dropoff of the prestige and fairweather fans.   Good riddance.

But some may have noticed that Calgary is growing REALLY fast.   Cause our city is awesome.

There will be an influx of new, interested hockey fans in these coming years (there already is).   They won't have these high ridiculous bars, they're just interested and think it's a fun sport, maybe one they play maybe one they don't.   I feel like this forum was actually built from the young guns era players, and its height of popularity was the result of those rebuilding years.

Crazy times.