GDT - Flames @ Blackhawks; 07 January 2024; 1pm MST; SN All Regions; FAN960

Not surprised. The flames really haven’t been playing well for a while. Got lucky and good goaltending to win a few in a row but the quality of their play hasn’t been there. 

this an embarrassing game for a team that tries to tell people they should be a playoff team. 

time to look forward to some youth in the lineup and some trades because this team ain’t it. 

• Like 1

They have given this lineup the whole season to figure it out.  They can't.

Time to trade players, they are too comfortable losing on any given night.

Sick of watching them struggles to make simple plays.

Either there is a set of players that just don't care enough to give that extra effort on a shift, or they just aren't good.

Time to give the kids a chance.

I never get a sense that the management group gets it.

How can you watch a game like this and think this is worth keeping together.

Bottom pairing -2.

one goals scored on the PK with the same group and Dube/Mange

Least icetime

Greer - 4:45 - 0 shots, 1 hit, -1

Duehr - 5:10 - 1 shot, 1 hit, -1

Dube - 7:12 - 0 shots, 1 hit, -1

If we could improve the bottom pairing, fix the 4th line, we might win a few more games.

4 hours ago, travel_dude said:

If we could improve the bottom pairing, fix the 4th line, we might win a few more games.

It is way beyond that. I can't think of a player on this roster >25yo that is irreplaceable. Backlund and Coleman as a 3rd line duo is about it. Maybe Huberdeau because at least he wears his heart on his sleeve.

But the UFA guys? Just trade them. They all at least average half-way to being checked out. Their value is likely on the decline. Just get moved them already. We are exactly where we deserve to be, 4th worst in the West. Even that is only by being propped up by Markstrom giving us a chance every game.

Yesterday SN carried 2 games, this one and the Wings vs Anaheim. It was like a dream date. The only one I worried about was the Wings trying to continue to get back on track vs a really good goalie in Dostal. A goal with a minute left secured the Wings the W.

*Easy to know via our wonderful CDN Leafs-frenzy media that they swept California. Well...the Wings just did the same.

The Flames...just feeding my apathy. If Zary/Coleman don't make things happen, I feel like the rest of the team is incapable. Team chock-full of passengers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, conundrumed said:

It is way beyond that. I can't think of a player on this roster >25yo that is irreplaceable. Backlund and Coleman as a 3rd line duo is about it. Maybe Huberdeau because at least he wears his heart on his sleeve.

But the UFA guys? Just trade them. They all at least average half-way to being checked out. Their value is likely on the decline. Just get moved them already. We are exactly where we deserve to be, 4th worst in the West. Even that is only by being propped up by Markstrom giving us a chance every game.

Yesterday SN carried 2 games, this one and the Wings vs Anaheim. It was like a dream date. The only one I worried about was the Wings trying to continue to get back on track vs a really good goalie in Dostal. A goal with a minute left secured the Wings the W.

*Easy to know via our wonderful CDN Leafs-frenzy media that they swept California. Well...the Wings just did the same.

The Flames...just feeding my apathy. If Zary/Coleman don't make things happen, I feel like the rest of the team is incapable. Team chock-full of passengers.

Was just pointing out the obvious.  The rest of the roster is a mess most nights.

Lindholm looks to have given up playing hard.

Ruzicka has a good game and then sits.

Mange looks better with Backlund, but I would prefer a player that is worth $4M all the time.

When they sit Pospisil for 5 minutes compared to Kadri, the line suffers.

Not that he's that skilled, but he does his job and shows up.

Sharky is a keeper.

I think the roster needs surgery not just tweeking.

And the lines need to be fixed upon trading out Lindholm, Dube, Mange, etc.

We currently don't have the right players for a Huberdeau team.

So, either get them or get close to them.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Was just pointing out the obvious.  The rest of the roster is a mess most nights.

Lindholm looks to have given up playing hard.

Ruzicka has a good game and then sits.

Mange looks better with Backlund, but I would prefer a player that is worth $4M all the time.

When they sit Pospisil for 5 minutes compared to Kadri, the line suffers.

Not that he's that skilled, but he does his job and shows up.

Sharky is a keeper.

I think the roster needs surgery not just tweeking.

And the lines need to be fixed upon trading out Lindholm, Dube, Mange, etc.

We currently don't have the right players for a Huberdeau team.

So, either get them or get close to them.

Thing is, how often did Huberdeau play on the 1st line in Florida? He played a mix of 1st and 2nd didn't he? He didn't play with Barkov that often, maybe when games came down to the last minute they loaded, and on the PP. So, he was an excellent 2nd liner? Or was he more than that?