GDT - Flames @ Ducks; 21 December 2023; 8pm MST; All SN channels; FAN960

conundrumed

1 hour ago, redfire11 said:

I saw the play differently. His pass was through a defender to get to Ruzi and was tipped causing a Ruzi fumble.  I agree Hubi thinks the game differently so either Hubi changes his game or his line mates change. I hope Pelletier will connect on that same level. A big good young center from a Lindholm or Hannifin trade with those two might be exactly what Hubi and the Flames need. We have over 600 more games with him in the line up so it has to be figured out. 

That's fair and if I had a better angle I could check. Live, and on replay, It looks like Ruzicka didn't handle it well but I can't see if there was a tip or not. The defender was not in the way of the pass, but was playing Ruzicka, so to Hubie it would have looked open for sure. 

You could for sure argue he should drive and take the one on one chance but I would argue that a cross cease pass to an open player has a higher percentage than a 1 on 1 net drive. This is also a play that you would see him make in Florida routinely and often wide up in the back of the net. 

Wasn't a poor decision for me is all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

That's fair and if I had a better angle I could check. Live, and on replay, It looks like Ruzicka didn't handle it well but I can't see if there was a tip or not. The defender was not in the way of the pass, but was playing Ruzicka, so to Hubie it would have looked open for sure. 

You could for sure argue he should drive and take the one on one chance but I would argue that a cross cease pass to an open player has a higher percentage than a 1 on 1 net drive. This is also a play that you would see him make in Florida routinely and often wide up in the back of the net. 

Wasn't a poor decision for me is all. 

I thought shooting to his lower right would have given Rosie the rebound chance. The pass was awkward at best, I thought. Rosie was likely already reading rebound, I'd assume.

24 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I thought shooting to his lower right would have given Rosie the rebound chance. The pass was awkward at best, I thought. Rosie was likely already reading rebound, I'd assume.

That's not the way it looks on replay. Rozie appears to sit in the zone and wasn't driving the net anymore.