GDT - Flames @ Avalanche; 25-November-2023 8pm MST

conundrumed

No winning streak for me=(

Good teams have PPs. I'd take that whole thing apart and do a different mix of players. Top 6F/2D cannot guarantee prime PP minutes with this group. Put Gilbert on the point.lol It would literally make zero difference from what they're doing now.

Getting entries was the big problem. They can get entry and then the PP looks even worse. EVERYBODY standing still, wtf? Just dump and chase so your guys are moving coming in. Every PK is plqying high to deny entries now, it has killed the Wings PP. There's no pretty way to gain entry currently. Dump and chase to death until they start cheating deeper to carry it in. Mix it up...that's my take.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

No winning streak for me=(

Good teams have PPs. I'd take that whole thing apart and do a different mix of players. Top 6F/2D cannot guarantee prime PP minutes with this group. Put Gilbert on the point.lol It would literally make zero difference from what they're doing now.

Getting entries was the big problem. They can get entry and then the PP looks even worse. EVERYBODY standing still, wtf? Just dump and chase so your guys are moving coming in. Every PK is plqying high to deny entries now, it has killed the Wings PP. There's no pretty way to gain entry currently. Dump and chase to death until they start cheating deeper to carry it in. Mix it up...that's my take.

We lost due to mistakes on pinching as much as a poor PP.  But the PP is so poorly executed, even Huska doesn't want to talk about it.  They have a day (perhaps) to get in a small practice.  PP is the only thing that needs to change.  1 for 29, or something like that.  That is as bad as it has looked.  The 2nd unit barely gets a chance and yet they have managed the few decent chances.  Pospisil is the right choice for the top unit, but Zary should be the QB.  He's the only one there that seems to understand it's moving that creates the holes in coverage.  You can predict every pass.  Huberdeau to Ras to Lindholm to Ras to Huberdeau.  Then he gets overloaded and the pass goes to feet or a possession loss.  

They talked about the need for a puck moving D, but we have 2 that almost never get PP minutes.  IIRC, when we used Ruzicka on the top unit, they had more success.  Just like Zary.  So my thought proces is somewhat like yours.  Break up what clearly isn't working.  Create units that compliment each other and aren't just top 6.  It's a buzz kill right now.  

25 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Can we ever make it easier on the goalies?  Down a goal and we bleed more chances by the handful.  Get within one and bleed more.  

We were a bit snakebitten last night but yes it would be nice to be up 2 or even 3 goals just once this season in the first half of a game so were not always climbing uphill.

It will come.

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Just don't go shopping for a wife at Wally.  Have you seen the People of Walmart pics?  Yikes.

LOL no kidding, some disgusting things you cannot unsee.

Now going back to hockey, I only seen half the game and felt they were right there with the Avs.  A couple posts/crossbars would have made the difference.  The team will get some rest and have a good stint of home games now to hopefully help us climb that standings hill one step at at time.