Opinion...Sell Kadri Now?

bear120

1 hour ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I don’t think it is. 

The contract was structured as such. It’s not going to happen soon.  I don’t think he will be here for the 5yrs of term he will have left. Could be wrong,  but I don’t see the value in 7m when he’s 36-38.

There isn't much justification for that much when he is that old.

In 3 years, the going rate will easily be 7M for that level of production.

The UFA deals and terms don't really match the true value at the time of signing.

No different than paying Markstrom 8M actual this year

9 hours ago, travel_dude said:

There isn't much justification for that much when he is that old.

In 3 years, the going rate will easily be 7M for that level of production.

The UFA deals and terms don't really match the true value at the time of signing.

No different than paying Markstrom 8M actual this year

Kinda with you on that, I’m 3 years there may be a small Window to move him

and break even…maybe, this was a lemon purchase, had a fresh coat of

paint but was all rust underneath BT only saw the fresh coat of

paint, he should have ask

why the dealership (AV’s) were willing to let it go for nothing…answer is easy the the AV’s knew old car fresh paint much like I was saying before they signed him…he’s too old now.

can’t help but feel BT knew he was gonna leave and figured I’ll make it look like Im trying  but I’m gonna get back At those meddling owners by screwing this team

long term with long term high priced old guy contracts…certainly feels that way at the moment 

10 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

Kinda with you on that, I’m 3 years there may be a small Window to move him

and break even…maybe, this was a lemon purchase, had a fresh coat of

paint but was all rust underneath BT only saw the fresh coat of

paint, he should have ask

why the dealership (AV’s) were willing to let it go for nothing…answer is easy the the AV’s knew old car fresh paint much like I was saying before they signed him…he’s too old now.

can’t help but feel BT knew he was gonna leave and figured I’ll make it look like Im trying  but I’m gonna get back At those meddling owners by screwing this team

long term with long term high priced old guy contracts…certainly feels that way at the moment 

Naw, I think BT wanted him for years and winning the cup was proof it was the right choice.

AVS wanted him but couldn't afford to add his salary in, even at a discount.

They needed to move a D and would be worse as a result of it.

And they had the MacKinnon contract looming.

YOu win a cup, you may want to win it again, but it's not the #1 priority so much.

You aren't throwing picks away or re-signing UFA's that will cost too much.

I know that idea sounds weird, but you don't repeat unless you manage to keep everyone and can explot the cap.

And repeating is only something you want to do, not have to do.

On 10/23/2023 at 6:29 PM, sak22 said:

Can we get past this stupid equation.  Good move = Pure Treliving, Bad move= Purely ownership.  I liked Treliving more than many, but I don't for a second believe he had no desire to sign an 87 point C that he had previously tried to acquire, the move was done in hopes of having great C depth and it just hasn't worked.  His first move in Toronto was signing a soon to be 37 year old 4th liner to a 3 year deal, or was that just Tannenbaum and Shanny pulling the strings there?  For as much as we think Tre was eager to have Looch out of the lineup the guy still made a call to him in the offseason before he went to Boston.

Yeah, okay, fair enough. I think the mandate has a lot to do with it, and that is to make the playoffs every year. If Treliving was pulling the strings on this one, then fair play. I still think it's probably the worst move the Flames have made since, I don't know, moving out Savard, and then firing Greg Gilbert. It's one of those set-you-back-a-decade kind of moves, and I did say it before in a different thread, Martin Necas would sure look good in a Flames uniform right now. Monahan would be off the books, and maybe resigned for less, and they'd have an extra first round pick, which could be traded, or they could make the selection. 

Again, I like the player just fine, but this signing stopped making sense when 13/19 split. There was obviously a lot of pressure to replace them, but I think a lot of Flames fans would have embraced a futures package, and a rebuild. I think that there are no Flames that are embracing where we're at currently.

Love.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heartbreaker said:

Yeah, okay, fair enough. I think the mandate has a lot to do with it, and that is to make the playoffs every year. If Treliving was pulling the strings on this one, then fair play. I still think it's probably the worst move the Flames have made since, I don't know, moving out Savard, and then firing Greg Gilbert. It's one of those set-you-back-a-decade kind of moves, and I did say it before in a different thread, Martin Necas would sure look good in a Flames uniform right now. Monahan would be off the books, and maybe resigned for less, and they'd have an extra first round pick, which could be traded, or they could make the selection. 

Again, I like the player just fine, but this signing stopped making sense when 13/19 split. There was obviously a lot of pressure to replace them, but I think a lot of Flames fans would have embraced a futures package, and a rebuild. I think that there are no Flames that are embracing where we're at currently.

Love.

The two players we got in the MT deal are fine, but we need the skill to play with them.  Weegar is actually good enough to man a top unit with a guy like Kylington.  That part of the deal was a win.  Huberdeau on RW or playing with some players doesn't work.  Not sure why the thought ever was Mangiapane and Huberdeau is a good thing.  Johnny-Lindholm-Tkachuk was a thing because of the sum of the parts.  It was like the heyday of Johnny-Mony-Lindy.  They just fit because they were on the same page and skill types.  Johnny was the dancer, Lindy the bartender and Tkachuk the bouncer.  Huberdeau doesn't fit (right now) because we don't have a dancer or a bouncer.  Just a waiter and bartender.  If ever they got a fast break going, you might see something.  But Lindy is playing like a Backlund.  Not driving near the net.  The RW is not clued in.

Anyway, probably off topic.  Kadri needs what he had in COL.  We don't have that really.  Ruzicka is probably a good match, but won't battle as hard as you need.  A bit too soft on others.  He comes out of a board battle with the puck, but not by force but by hand/eye.  Dube seems to be a good fit at times, but we have seen much of it without messing the lines.  Or perhaps the games that Kadri isn't firing on all cylinders.  

As of today Kadri 0-goals, 1-assist and sits at -8 with 7 PIM.

Kadri I feel needs to get a bit greasier as mentioned above in Colorado he had some grit to his game.  All I see this year is him coasting along the boards trying to carry the puck in.

Its time to get in front of the net more, get greasy with the opposing goal tenders and throw some dirt in it to get the emotions in the team going.

bottom line were stuck with him for quite some time.

Peeps alluded to this elsewhere but for me Kadri is trying to do too much. Kadri is a very good center when he is helping make other around him better. Rush the puck, find players in open spots, move the puck and support. What I see is him trying to take the puck end to end by himself, trying to get the game stated all by himself. 

I'm surprised we aren't seeing more passion but I do see him more engaged this than last. I just see a player who is really frustrated it's not working but it's not working because he's going about it the wrong way. 

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

Peeps alluded to this elsewhere but for me Kadri is trying to do too much. Kadri is a very good center when he is helping make other around him better. Rush the puck, find players in open spots, move the puck and support. What I see is him trying to take the puck end to end by himself, trying to get the game stated all by himself. 

I'm surprised we aren't seeing more passion but I do see him more engaged this than last. I just see a player who is really frustrated it's not working but it's not working because he's going about it the wrong way. 

I have seen a bit of that passion recently.  Lack of games against West teams maybe lessons that a bit, but no excuse for lacking in all games.

Yes, Kadri should be using his line more than he has.  The one man army isn't good.  To me, that is one of the reasons why Bennett didn't work out here.

He can pass, so why is he trying to go through the blue line by himself.