Harvey the Hound

travel_dude

·
8h

#yyc #Flames fans. I waited awhile to #Tweet this. It’s been a tough one for me. Saying goodbye to a #saddledome work #friend. We have lost some BIG name players. You all know who, & recently our GM. The one person I have worked with & will miss the most of all is. 1OF2

2/2 Scott Vickers, is a #friend that has been Harvey the Hound for 20 seasons! WOW. Scott is actually the nephew of Grant Kelba, who created Harvey the Hound when the Flames came to Calgary in 1980. On the last reg. #Flames game we did a final farewell on #NHL ice for #family.

·
Views

• travel_dude changed the title to Harvey the Hound
1 hour ago, cross16 said:

Might want to amend the title. The guy under the suit, Scott, is retiring from being Harvey. 
Harvey, as a mascot for the Flames, isn’t done and I’d be shocked if that changes. 

When I read it, I was sure it meant HH.

Sometimes when you see things, you jump to a conclusion, which doesn't always follow.

Given all the other crap, I would not be surprised if it was the end of an era.

But, corrections sometimes need to be made.

Rick Tulsie

@RickTulsie

His legacy will continue. Harvey will just have a younger motor inside for the new #Flames season. LOL.

4 hours ago, cross16 said:

Might want to amend the title. The guy under the suit, Scott, is retiring from being Harvey. 
Harvey, as a mascot for the Flames, isn’t done and I’d be shocked if that changes. 

And here I thought that the Flames were starting to show a willingness to change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, travel_dude said:

When I read it, I was sure it meant HH.

Sometimes when you see things, you jump to a conclusion, which doesn't always follow.

Given all the other crap, I would not be surprised if it was the end of an era.

But, corrections sometimes need to be made.

Rick Tulsie

@RickTulsie

His legacy will continue. Harvey will just have a younger motor inside for the new #Flames season. LOL.

You weren't the only one. I mean it's a weird story because I think in most cases why would we care if someone who plays a mascot is retiring?

Scott is a great guy though. Know him through a mutual friend and he came to one of my kids hockey parties. Great guy. 

• Like 2

I had a few too many beers one game , while attending and crowd surfing in the foyers I happened to run across Harvey, I politely asked if I could get a selfie with me pulling on his tongue like MacTavish by holding his tongue out simulating ripping it out.

Of course he agreed and was so cool about it and taking the time out even for us older crazy fans I wish him all the best and thanks for all the fun and laughter he provided for many fans young and old.

I still chuckle at that picture today, great work Harvey!