GDT Flames @ Vegas Feb 23/22 7:00pm Start

travel_dude

17 hours ago, conundrumed said:

What???

Ahhhh. I drink mine black, that's probably the difference. I know what they taste like with nothing added.

1 hour ago, medatswhoP said:

Ill settle the coffee debate for you guys, both MCD and Timmies coffee suck, I too drink it black , the better coffee is Starbucks by a landslide , the only problem is you need to be a millionaire to have their habit.

Just some food for thought to keep it civil.  Lol...

I don't drink black, so I can get ya.  My preference was always to have real coffee from Columbia or Jamaica (Blue Mountain).  The closest I could find was Second Cup.  Not convenient, and I don't bother with drip coffee now.  

Starbux?  Seriously?  When you see an oil slick in your coffee, there is a problem.  

19 hours ago, travel_dude said:

If you go to Duncan's in the US, they give you a styrofoam cup that stays hot for days.

Believe it or not, there isn't a Mickey D's close by.

And I have a habit of re-heating my coffee after it gets cold.

Never had any luck with McD. 

I little insight for those interested. Every few years corporations bid on the right to get first pick of coffee bean supplies from growers and co-ops. About 15 - 18 years ago McDs beat out Tims for Canadian markets by 1cent/pound. That is when you saw the McDs start their McCafe push and their regular coffee got alot better and Tims coffee apparently suffered (Never really drank tims coffee). That may have changed recently as in the last year tho the McD coffee really went down hill, not sure if Tims coffee is better but for fast food coffee I'll shout out to Wendys now, not bad stuff.  Second cup is my fave but its too far away and in a shopping mall.  In the states, Caribou coffee trumps all.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I don't drink black, so I can get ya.  My preference was always to have real coffee from Columbia or Jamaica (Blue Mountain).  The closest I could find was Second Cup.  Not convenient, and I don't bother with drip coffee now.  

Starbux?  Seriously?  When you see an oil slick in your coffee, there is a problem.  

You should see that in most coffee as there are natural oils in coffee beans. I would assume bean variety/quality effects how much.

3 hours ago, medatswhoP said:

the only problem is you need to be a millionaire to have their habit.

Speaking of a costly coffee habit, friends brought me back from Hawaii a lb. of 100% Kona $90 cdn . Wow I share it as a treat and respect it as a luxury. But when I buy a coffee in Canada it's Tims.

4 minutes ago, redfire11 said:

Speaking of a costly coffee habit, friends brought me back from Hawaii a lb. of 100% Kona $90 cdn . Wow I share it as a treat and respect it as a luxury. But when I buy a coffee in Canada it's Tims.

Blue Mountain used to be a treat for me.

Drank it in Jamaica, but got strange looks when I wanted cream.

Sandals used High Mountain which is a little less good.

And thy kept the cream on the heater, so it was kinda gross.

Weird habit.

2 hours ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

I little insight for those interested. Every few years corporations bid on the right to get first pick of coffee bean supplies from growers and co-ops. About 15 - 18 years ago McDs beat out Tims for Canadian markets by 1cent/pound. That is when you saw the McDs start their McCafe push and their regular coffee got alot better and Tims coffee apparently suffered (Never really drank tims coffee). That may have changed recently as in the last year tho the McD coffee really went down hill, not sure if Tims coffee is better but for fast food coffee I'll shout out to Wendys now, not bad stuff.  Second cup is my fave but its too far away and in a shopping mall.  In the states, Caribou coffee trumps all.

Really, Tim's is more of a need than anything else.

I don't really norice any difference unless it's a really bad cup of coffee.

Usually that from not the right amount of cream and sugar for my tastes.

It will give me a headache.

I found a consistent place for taste and just go there.

Buy 2 get 1 free, so I re-heat one the next day and don't have to go out first thing for a cup.

Been working from home for 3 years now and don't do the things I used to do at work.

55 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Really, Tim's is more of a need than anything else.

I don't really norice any difference unless it's a really bad cup of coffee.

Usually that from not the right amount of cream and sugar for my tastes.

It will give me a headache.

I found a consistent place for taste and just go there.

Buy 2 get 1 free, so I re-heat one the next day and don't have to go out first thing for a cup.

Been working from home for 3 years now and don't do the things I used to do at work.

One thing I noticed last summer is theres still a strong presence of Robins Donuts out on the east coast. Theyve all but disappeared around here. Always preferred them over Tims. Apparently theyre buildong a Krispy Kreme here and coincidently its on my way to work. I'll have to see what the fuss is about. 

30 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

One thing I noticed last summer is theres still a strong presence of Robins Donuts out on the east coast. Theyve all but disappeared around here. Always preferred them over Tims. Apparently theyre buildong a Krispy Kreme here and coincidently its on my way to work. I'll have to see what the fuss is about. 

For Keurig drip, I live by KK coffee.

Not that it's great or anything, just like the flavor.

Not sure there is anything amazing about store coffee, but I do like it.

Robin's used to be a big thing in NS.  A buddy of mine owned one nearby.

Their carrot muffins rock.

Donuts that have flavor.

But they fell off the map and I think there may be just one on all metro Halifax.

If that.

Can't say they had any drive thrus in metro, so you know how that goes over.

12 hours ago, cross16 said:

this happens frequently in hockey. Heck it’s common in all sports. 
no of course the message wasn’t go out there and blow a lead. But protecting a lead by playing safer,more passive style of defending it really common. It just didn’t work. 

No coach is EVER going to advise a team to sit back EVER... I will agree that players will or may default back to a passive style but it's not taught never