GDT - FLAMES @ Rangers - Monday 6 February 2023 - 5.30pm

rocketdoctor

4 hours ago, cross16 said:

I'm not sure how much more evidence and hockey we need to watch to see that Huberdeau and Kadri don't work well. 

It's been a while since I've since this many frustrating lineup decisions for a Flames team. 

As connundrumed said why is Zadorov on the ice in OT? 

Weegar is one of their best skating dman, why does he never see the ice in OT?

Huberdeau is literally one of the best 3 on 3 players the game has seen since it was adopted and he gets stapled to the bench. Why would you not use this as a means for a player to get their confidence? I don't give a Satoshi Nakamoto if he took a bad penalty 1 time, you don't need to cut your nose off to spite your face. 

Your PP is struggling and you've got a wicked pure shooter in Lindholm. Why are you not running the cross seam play or getting him into open areas to shoot the puck?

Weegar did a great job on the PP in Florida, why never use him here?

Constantly banging my head against the wall with the club this year. 

I feel you. Trying to stay upbeat is harder and harder game after game of the same decision-making.

Lucic's line, no matter which one, turns into a defensive nightmare. He's an albatross. We salvaged his reputation and now we're ruining it again. He can't defend, he has no idea where to put the puck, if god help us he does get it in the D zone. I have tons of respect for Lucic and how hard he's worked, but enough is enough was a lot of games ago. Imagine if Pelletier had 1 Lucic quality game? We wouldn't see him again.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I feel you. Trying to stay upbeat is harder and harder game after game of the same decision-making.

Lucic's line, no matter which one, turns into a defensive nightmare. He's an albatross. We salvaged his reputation and now we're ruining it again. He can't defend, he has no idea where to put the puck, if god help us he does get it in the D zone. I have tons of respect for Lucic and how hard he's worked, but enough is enough was a lot of games ago. Imagine if Pelletier had 1 Lucic quality game? We wouldn't see him again.

About the best that Lucic played was in the beginning of the season, when they had him with Lewis and Ritchie.

Lucic was not really helping but he wasn't hurting so much.

Somehow Ritchie gets in a fight and gets injured.

Lucic goes from being so bad that he gets scratched to coming back in and gifted top 6 minutes and linemates.

Even after he got demoted, he still rarely gets less than 10 minutes.

The NYC was a reminder just how bad he can be in all zones.

And he plays 15 minutes.

We don't have enforcers anymore in the NHL, as the instigator rules have shown that.

Kudos for sticking up for your teammate, but Dube's actions cost him 10 minutes extra for last 2 minutes of a period.

If anything, the initial hit on Dube should have had Lucic visiting Trouba and giving him a message.

Doesn't have to be dropping the gloves, since you know he won't with Lucic.

Warn him.  You will have to fight me, kinda the way Lucic did with Benn.