GDT - Oilers @ Flames - December 27, 2022 - 7:00PM MDT Start - A Deeds/Saymzies Collaboration

Ryan Man

I really wish the flames wouldn’t fall into this trap so quick of thinking they have to have a dirty goal. It’s Edmonton and there is open ice in the o zone. Don’t like they they give up on that and play the let’s get a shot and hope for a rebound strategy. Skinner is big and he’s seeing everything why not get him moving?

Well they have a script. They were the much better team but couldn’t bury it, took bad penalties, and their stars couldn’t find a way to win them the game. 

very familiar. You need your best players in a game like this and the flames didn’t get it, Edmonton did and they lost because of it. Which is really too bad because I really liked their team game. 

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

It’s not costing the flame the game but this has been an atrocious game from these refs. 

Really.

I can live with some of the calls, but they call marginals ones and let the obvious calls go.

We can't keep playing for 1-1 games going into the 3rd.

Maybe open it up a bit to get a lead.

I hope the coaching staff doesn’t fall into the trap of making decisions based on weak competition. I still don’t think this lineup is it and while I know the points looks good you have to factor in the competition. 

I’m not convinced this lineup can thrive when they need it too. 

We miss Johnny and Chucky big time hate to say it but its true.  Not only for their offense but their ability to draw penalties. Who draws penalties for Calgary?  Mange seems to be the only one that takes them, at least the stupid ones.  Wouldn't be surprised if he was included in some deal at the deadline.

8 minutes ago, taz89 said:

Oilers have the superstars and that's the difference in the game, plane and simple. Flames dont have what it takes to beat these guys

Wow, harsh!!  Yes Calgary does not have the superstars of today’s game, but I won’t say they haven’t got the stones to overcome the Oilers.  I actually thought I saw some of the best defensive playing by the back line from the season.  The only penalties called on them were weak calls imo, and Calgary did not back down.  
the defense really does appear to be gelling more then I have seen all year.

If we can do something about the boat anchor on Kadri’s line we might actually be heading in the right direction!

4 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I hope the coaching staff doesn’t fall into the trap of making decisions based on weak competition. I still don’t think this lineup is it and while I know the points looks good you have to factor in the competition. 

I’m not convinced this lineup can thrive when they need it too. 

It maybe was a good idea to use Lucic in a situation where you needed to block out players.

We have to ice a set of lines that can do it.

We really don't have any optimum lines, with the closest being the top line.

Ruzicka bring it in less minutes than Lucic.

He rarely makes poor passes.

The lines need fixing.

That is all.

2 minutes ago, flames for life said:

Wow, harsh!!  Yes Calgary does not have the superstars of today’s game, but I won’t say they haven’t got the stones to overcome the Oilers.  I actually thought I saw some of the best defensive playing by the back line from the season.  The only penalties called on them were weak calls imo, and Calgary did not back down.  

If we can do something about the boat anchor on Kadri’s line we might actually be heading in the right direction!

3 to 1 in calls against us.

Decide the game by giving an additional one in the 3rd, but don't call the other team.

17 minutes ago, flames for life said:

It might be harsh but its the truth! Unless they get Patrick Kane to put some pucks in the net, if these teams meet again in the playoffs it will be the same result as last year.  That last shot by Backlund tonight that hit the post, if that was Kane it would be IN, not hitting the post.