GDT Flames @ Maple Leafs Dec 10/22 NOTE 5pm Start time

DirtyDeeds

This team has lost their oomph!  The loss is on the top two lines; we had a far better 4th line, and a good 3rd.  Phillips and Zahorna did what was expected of them and did not look out of place.  Toronto demonstrated what a properly motivated team looks like, which was evident when Andersson had the puck and was prevented from playing out of his zone.  We are playing to pass when we have the puck, not score!!

Frustrating!!!!!

31 minutes ago, flames for life said:

This team has lost their oomph!  The loss is on the top two lines; we had a far better 4th line, and a good 3rd.  Phillips and Zahorna did what was expected of them and did not look out of place.  Toronto demonstrated what a properly motivated team looks like, which was evident when Andersson had the puck and was prevented from playing out of his zone.  We are playing to pass when we have the puck, not score!!

Frustrating!!!!!

Well, I think the line that didn't have anything was the top line.

Haven't really looked good in some time.

Hard to break up the Kadri line right now.

Backlund line was fine.

If we intend to use Phillips again, then can't really out him with Huberdeau.

But we have to do something with our best passer not connecting.

Maybe Kadri is the better fit.

Maybe Backlund.

Penalties killed the Flames tonight. They were fortunate to get a point. They were on their heels for much of the final 10 mins and then immediately in OT.

It's like clockwork with the Flames and OT penalties. In every OT loss the Flames have had, they've taken a penalty. Three of the four times that penalty has led to the GWG. It's very hard to kill 4 on 3's.

It wasn't a bad effort, but still came up short. The Flames have won just 3 of 13 road games now. They need to figure out how to win on the road rather soon.

The road to 10th in the West looks alive and well.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

Sutter seems to be a little annoyed at the reffing tonight.

Said he knew from his days in CHI that you know what you will see in TO.

Most of the Flames penalties were legit. 

Issue was some on the other side that were missed. Best example, just before Murray went swimming way out of his net, Gio got burnt and it was a pretty obvious hook that went undetected.

Either way, the PK still has to do it's job and the Flames need to be much more disciplined. Lots of high sticks.

1 hour ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Most of the Flames penalties were legit. 

Issue was some on the other side that were missed. Best example, just before Murray went swimming way out of his net, Gio got burnt and it was a pretty obvious hook that went undetected.

Either way, the PK still has to do it's job and the Flames need to be much more disciplined. Lots of high sticks.

The Backlund one was weak sauce, where it was a push by the top glove.

Vladar called for tripping because he was playing the puck with his stick when the player cut across the crease.

What is he McDavid?  Weak.

The other calls not hard to see.

But I take exception with the ones above.

We did well on the short 5v3.

I thought the pace was better tonight. Have to say Vldar let some muffins in, Phillips was fine and Zoh looks ok as well. Our top line has been a huge let down, Hubie looks lost at times so does Weegar its like they are trying far to hard to make the perfect play. The penaties this year are bad, there were alot of soft calls tonight. Not often you hear Sutter call out the refs. The team does look faster without Lucic, that line looked have some pace to it at least. Kadri line was buzzing I thought. If they would ahve played like this in CLB it woudl be 3 points instead of 1. Do have to agree with Cross in that they find a way tis year to shoot themselves every game. The inability to take passes and passes to no one poor give aways seems to happy every game. There neve seems to be an form of sync or flow with them, hard to watch. Just when you think there light at the end of tunnel it turns out to be a train coming at you. 

9 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

I thought the pace was better tonight. Have to say Vldar let some muffins in, Phillips was fine and Zoh looks ok as well. Our top line has been a huge let down, Hubie looks lost at times so does Weegar its like they are trying far to hard to make the perfect play. The penaties this year are bad, there were alot of soft calls tonight. Not often you hear Sutter call out the refs. The team does look faster without Lucic, that line looked have some pace to it at least. Kadri line was buzzing I thought. If they would ahve played like this in CLB it woudl be 3 points instead of 1. Do have to agree with Cross in that they find a way tis year to shoot themselves every game. The inability to take passes and passes to no one poor give aways seems to happy every game. There neve seems to be an form of sync or flow with them, hard to watch. Just when you think there light at the end of tunnel it turns out to be a train coming at you. 

We had a top line that did everything in sync.

That's gone, so we have to find the right fit.

Top line doesn't look right.

The Nylander goal fooled him, too late with 5 hole coverage.

Tanev deflecting the point shot away from the direction the goalie was moving.

The OT goal was a 4 on 3 PP and a rebound.

First goal perhaps a bit of a muffin.

But anyway, it was a B2B game against a top team.

We weren't outclassed, maybe out reffed.

44 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

I thought the pace was better tonight. Have to say Vldar let some muffins in, Phillips was fine and Zoh looks ok as well. Our top line has been a huge let down, Hubie looks lost at times so does Weegar its like they are trying far to hard to make the perfect play. The penaties this year are bad, there were alot of soft calls tonight. Not often you hear Sutter call out the refs. The team does look faster without Lucic, that line looked have some pace to it at least. Kadri line was buzzing I thought. If they would ahve played like this in CLB it woudl be 3 points instead of 1. Do have to agree with Cross in that they find a way tis year to shoot themselves every game. The inability to take passes and passes to no one, poor give aways seems to happen every game. There never seems to be an form of sync or flow with them, hard to watch. Just when you think there light at the end of tunnel it turns out to be a train coming at you. 

it has been that way in every game I have watched this year. Even when we win it seems like this. Watching that Columbus game, the BJ's passes seemed to hit on the stick and even though they were supposedly bottom of the league, they made our guys and system look like little league. 

at least get something going? 

I guess we can't really be a cycle team. Not a passing team... I just don't know what it is here.