GDT - FLAMES @ Devils - Tuesday 8 November 2022 AT 5pm MT

rocketdoctor

2 minutes ago, sak22 said:

There really wasn't though, we thought there was going to be one all summer but that went away once Ritchie signed, it was really only wishful thinking from some that thought a kid could push out Ritchie or Lewis, but that was never going to happen and the team wasn't going to risk losing Ruzicka on waivers.  There was a battle for the 7th spot which wound up being the 6th D due to Kylington, Stone to his credit did earn the spot, but the guy who lost out here wound up in a better situation.

i really thought BT was going to make a trade to fill the spot and Ritchie was going to be an extra. I don't know if Ruzicka will ever be more than he has shown (at least for the Flames). I don't think he is aggressive or assertive enough. 

1 hour ago, robrob74 said:

i really thought BT was going to make a trade to fill the spot and Ritchie was going to be an extra. I don't know if Ruzicka will ever be more than he has shown (at least for the Flames). I don't think he is aggressive or assertive enough. 

Ruzie not using his big body to be more of a mean player is something Sutter wants.

His skill set is fine otherwise, which any team should hope for.

The biggest issue is that Ruzie is a C and we didn't have room for another C.

He wasn't able to get really comfortable at LW, but he might get a chance right now.

He didn't look out of place with Lindholm.

That's more of a skill line, so he probably fits in better there.

Last year he had a limited look in the bottom 6, mostly playing on the 4th line.

Does anyone really shine there?