Calgary Flames Prospects in penticton

The_Tribal Chief

12 hours ago, tmac70 said:

As little as these games may mean they are pre look towards who goes to main camp. Outside of Duher and Klapka who appear to be ready the rest do not. Pelltier as many had him as the next one being on the squad was not really a stand out. Swindt and Zary had their moments. Wolf is good but with out defense around you was not a stand out. The results of the game are really mean nothing but the evalutaion side means alot. We have little to no defensive prospects as well as minimal offensive threats in thed pool. One would think that our best guys would make players around them better, was not the case. The largest surprise to me was Klapka, he seemed to have more polish than Pelts and Zary, in all honesty Zary IMHO was better than Pelts. 

Defensive prospects would just distract us from our acquisition of left wingers.

I have not watched any of these games but just want to say I'm happy to hear about Klapka and how he's doing.  I would warn though that he's 23 years old and played a year of pro in Europe already.  Against kids who are 19/20, ya he better stand out and look like the best player on the ice.  His true test will be camp against NHLers.  He needs to stack up well with that level of competition because he's not a 18 year old fresh draftee or anything.  He's here to make the NHL either this year or the next.

Same with Duehr.  The guy is 24 years old playing against children.  He better look like a beast that's unstoppable.

1 hour ago, The_People1 said:

I have not watched any of these games but just want to say I'm happy to hear about Klapka and how he's doing.  I would warn though that he's 23 years old and played a year of pro in Europe already.  Against kids who are 19/20, ya he better stand out and look like the best player on the ice.  His true test will be camp against NHLers.  He needs to stack up well with that level of competition because he's not a 18 year old fresh draftee or anything.  He's here to make the NHL either this year or the next.

Same with Duehr.  The guy is 24 years old playing against children.  He better look like a beast that's unstoppable.

There really isn’t much to take away. It’s a mish mash of jr, EC & AHL players

My only takeaway is watch for Beck to lead the AHL in goals. Talk about shoot first….shoot alwats.lol