Playoffs GDT - FLAMES @ Oilers - Tues 24 May 2022

rocketdoctor

5 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Backlund there in the Oilers corner just stopped playing for some reason.  Some sloppy decisions in the o-zone and the Oilers come right back the other way.

I think he was gassed and stayd too long.

It seemed like he could barely muster pushing the puck forward.

Flames played about 5 mins of good hockey in a game they had to have got a bounce they needed and still couldn’t get their game going. 

Still look like they don’t have answers for what oilers are doing and the Oilers have been the far more determined team in this series.  They deserve all the credit for being up 3-1. 

Just now, Thebrewcrew said:

Desperation level wasn't where it needed to be in the 3rd. 

Gotta win a game at home

we talk a lot about how this team is different from the past years... I don’t see much of a difference. 

they gave us the game on a sliver platter and we decided to stop skating and play for the OT goal? Like Peeps said…

• Like 1

Just now, robrob74 said:

we talk a lot about how this team is different from the past years... I don’t see much of a difference. 

they gave us the game on a sliver platter and we decided to stop skating and play for the OT goal? Like Peeps said…

Smith gave them a golden opportunity. Then the Flames looked tight. 4th line got caved in and that's all she wrote. 

Just try to win Thursday and go from there. 

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

Flames played about 5 mins of good hockey in a game they had to have got a bounce they needed and still couldn’t get their game going. 

Still look like they don’t have answers for what oilers are doing. 

Better than that I felt.  We were the better team for about 35 minutes tonight and the Oilers 25.  For once we kept McDavid to the outside.  We even got a fluke goal.  And it still wasn't enough.  

1 minute ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Smith gave them a golden opportunity. Then the Flames looked tight. 4th line got caved in and that's all she wrote. 

Just try to win Thursday and go from there. 

That Markstrom gift to start off the game really set us back.  We finally started playing again in the 2nd period and chipped away to tie the game with 5 minutes to go in the game and then packed the bags for the night.  

Just now, The_People1 said:

Better than that I felt.  We were the better team for about 35 minutes tonight and the Oilers 25.  For once we kept McDavid to the outside.  We even got a fluke goal.  And it still wasn't enough.  

i think they were because they had to and then for some reason stopped playing… they felt like they did the job in the comeback and that was enough. They have been complacent when tied or with the lead for most of the series. 

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

On the GWG, it was Lewis, Lucic, Dube, Stone and Kylington out there.

I know Backlund wasn't on the ice for the Oilers goal but the shift before that, his line set the tone for taking the foot off the gas peddle and it continued to the next line... and then the Oilers scored.

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

There was a tentative start on the PP, but after that it was all flames.

Until the give up with minutes remaining.

I don't get why you put out anyone from the 4th line when you are protecting a tie.

As musg=h as Lewis and Lucic have played in pressure games, they aren't the answer.

Not when you need a goal.

TImely bleeder out there killed the rest of the period.