GDT - FLAMES @ Jets - Friday 29 April 2022

rocketdoctor

I have heard some musings that Gaudreau might be held out.

That's just speculation.  There is nothing he needs personally.

The team wants a win to ensure home ice through to at least the WCF.

There is risk in him playing, but WPG has nothing to play for.

It's not like they need to punish us for anything.

They can't really be a spoiler.

I'm betwixt and between on the idea of sitting players.

It's a B2B game, so it makes sense to manage icetime and health.

A 4 day break between games if anyone sits.

I wouldn't have a problem sitting Ritchie or Lucic.

They shouldn't need to fight anyone.

Might as well suit up a Stone (or Mackey) and a Rozie.

Rocketman is the man.  

Vladar showing that he's capable of playing big boy hockey.

Glad they gave one of the RD the night off.

Stone is no slouch this year.

Guddy deserves a night off.

Ruzie already looking better than Carpenter, but he won't be in the regular playoff lineup.

Tkachuk just loves to score.

I see that Sutter is the only coach that doesn't sit the main group.

McD and Draisaitl sitting.

Marner, Matthews and Tavares.

Panarin and Kreider.

Half of BOS's opening lineup.

11 minutes ago, Horsman1 said:

i still to this day wish and hope or a line of Mangiapane/backlund/ dube.. and a line of coleman/jarnrok/toolli.. with lucic looking after carpenter and ritchie or lewis Ruzicka

Ya. I’m really not thrilled with the Mange - Backlund - Toff line. It’s not a mystery to me why Mange and Toff have struggled to score… but… Sutter saw Zad and Gud as a good pairing and eventually they became one. Watching that Backlund line is painful, but I keep reminding myself to trust Sutter’s vision. 

2 hours ago, LouCifer said:

Ya. I’m really not thrilled with the Mange - Backlund - Toff line. It’s not a mystery to me why Mange and Toff have struggled to score… but… Sutter saw Zad and Gud as a good pairing and eventually they became one. Watching that Backlund line is painful, but I keep reminding myself to trust Sutter’s vision. 

It's a good shutdown line I guess.

NAS plays a rookie goaltender tonight in favour of BSD, then lose, now they get COL instead of CGY. What a slap in the face for BSD, even if it was a B2B against the worst team in NHL. Looks like the season now rides on the rookie, because BSD has likely mentally checked out. See ya NAS.

2 hours ago, CheersMan said:

NAS plays a rookie goaltender tonight in favour of BSD, then lose, now they get COL instead of CGY. What a slap in the face for BSD, even if it was a B2B against the worst team in NHL. Looks like the season now rides on the rookie, because BSD has likely mentally checked out. See ya NAS.

He plays a game in relief then has to face COL.

If you expect him to be a starter, yiu treat him like a starter.

Give him a day off.

Better result for Ritter because h knows he can beat COL.

3 hours ago, CheersMan said:

Their rookie looked brutal.  But at the same time, they know what BSD is (and isn't).  They needed to find out what Ingram is.

In any event, it should be a waste of 8 days for NAS coming up.

8 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Their rookie looked brutal.  But at the same time, they know what BSD is (and isn't).  They needed to find out what Ingram is.

In any event, it should be a waste of 8 days for NAS coming up.

I know COL is better than they looked the last week or so, but they better get used to being pounded into the ice.  NAS may not win the series but they are going to take a toll on COL.  STL would have an answer for NAS (as well as CGY), but teams like COL are built to score like EDM.  The good thing for us is that we don't have BSD coming to CGY with a chip on his shoulder.  If NAS gets through this round, they are done in round 2.

12 hours ago, travel_dude said:

I know COL is better than they looked the last week or so, but they better get used to being pounded into the ice.  NAS may not win the series but they are going to take a toll on COL.  STL would have an answer for NAS (as well as CGY), but teams like COL are built to score like EDM.  The good thing for us is that we don't have BSD coming to CGY with a chip on his shoulder.  If NAS gets through this round, they are done in round 2.

It's never a sure thing, that's why they play the games... but just saying, even if it's a physical series, it's only going to be for four games.

12 hours ago, The_People1 said:

It's never a sure thing, that's why they play the games... but just saying, even if it's a physical series, it's only going to be for four games.

That is one series where I would not bet on a single game.  If they split the first two, then it's going to be too close to call.  

Ultimately, NAS gets undone by penalties, but will they face as many in the playoffs.

It's either going to be almost none or way over the top and a ref's feeding frenzie.