GDT - FLAMES @ Kings Monday 4 April 2022

rocketdoctor

Well that was some first class reffing at it's finest.

Time to go back to the gym.

Or school perhaps.

I know some were probably reasonable if they call them even.

I wouldn't say that the Flames took any more liberties than the Kinks.

Oh well, comes with the territory of being a tough team.

When the playoffs get tough, the weak can go cry in the corner.

Just now, flames for life said:

Excellent effort by the defence!  Still can’t understand the penalty against teaching.  His stick gets lifted and he gets the call!  Good recovery for the team!

Refs needed to go to review to make the call.

The play was blown dead because of a downed player, not a penalty.

So bizarre.

55 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Well that was some first class reffing at it's finest.

Time to go back to the gym.

Or school perhaps.

I know some were probably reasonable if they call them even.

I wouldn't say that the Flames took any more liberties than the Kinks.

Oh well, comes with the territory of being a tough team.

When the playoffs get tough, the weak can go cry in the corner.

Reffing is always like that for every team in every game. It's easier to just know it and move on. It's not gonna get better. Most games you have to win in spite of reffing.

Ruzicka's back and needs to stay. We have a spot for a 6'3" Center that is really good on the boards and has good O instincts. I'm not sure how Sutter sees it, I get he wants him to be a 3 or even 2. But if it's 4th line for now just let it be.

He's more help than hindrance.

14 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Reffing is always like that for every team in every game. It's easier to just know it and move on. It's not gonna get better. Most games you have to win in spite of reffing.

Ruzicka's back and needs to stay. We have a spot for a 6'3" Center that is really good on the boards and has good O instincts. I'm not sure how Sutter sees it, I get he wants him to be a 3 or even 2. But if it's 4th line for now just let it be.

This game shows how we are a one line team.  If we can't develop secondary scoring going into the playoffs then we aren't going very deep.  We need players like Ruzicka to start scoring.

19 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I'm not debating you, but if that was the case, no team ever has an advantage.  LOL.  I really don't care about it, just found some things beyond bizarre.  The review of the double minor that was not called a penalty until after the play was blown dead.  The little tap by Tkachuk on Durzi was soft, but he faked an injury.  Refs saw it.  Johnny with the MMA move was fine.  They pick one guy sometimes.  Usually it''s after a few sequences, but this was no warning.  Whatevs.

Ruze definitely showed some things Backlund could learn from.  Some awesome play in the D-zone.  I would prefer they put him with Mange and Toffee, just to satisfy my curiosity.  He is big enough to win battles in the O-zone, so that might help the wingers.  And he can shoot.  But anyway, I won't preach.  It's good for him to get some games in.  A lot tighter and coming up even or better will allow Sutter to give him a little rope.

38 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

This game shows how we are a one line team.  If we can't develop secondary scoring going into the playoffs then we aren't going very deep.  We need players like Ruzicka to start scoring.

Exactly. How many games does he want to leave an impression? Get going man, stop embarrassing yourself.lol

29 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I'm not debating you, but if that was the case, no team ever has an advantage.  LOL.  I really don't care about it, just found some things beyond bizarre.  The review of the double minor that was not called a penalty until after the play was blown dead.  The little tap by Tkachuk on Durzi was soft, but he faked an injury.  Refs saw it.  Johnny with the MMA move was fine.  They pick one guy sometimes.  Usually it''s after a few sequences, but this was no warning.  Whatevs.

Ruze definitely showed some things Backlund could learn from.  Some awesome play in the D-zone.  I would prefer they put him with Mange and Toffee, just to satisfy my curiosity.  He is big enough to win battles in the O-zone, so that might help the wingers.  And he can shoot.  But anyway, I won't preach.  It's good for him to get some games in.  A lot tighter and coming up even or better will allow Sutter to give him a little rope.

Law of averages for the Italicized.

Rozie needs to think the game a little faster and maybe he can be a 2C guy. But that isn't next game. I think he's kinda the perfect guy to start on the 4th line. Put your boots on.

He's reliable and right now.

Sutter likes Dube or he wouldn't abuse him to get better. I think he likes Rozie the same way.

What was that BS with the review for a high stick?  It was not called until the review.  Never seen that.  Someone we'll have to explain that to me.   Dumbstruck wit the Zebras.

Refs were garbage both ways all night.  Let stuff go, then called it, then let stuff go again, so inconsistent.

Marky bailed us out at the end.  Johnny was awesome tonight and a great 2 points for the Flames after our 3 losses.

Keep it going Flames.

Go Flames Go!

6 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Law of averages for the Italicized.

Rozie needs to think the game a little faster and maybe he can be a 2C guy. But that isn't next game. I think he's kinda the perfect guy to start on the 4th line. Put your boots on.

He's reliable and right now.

Sutter likes Dube or he wouldn't abuse him to get better. I think he likes Rozie the same way.

Yeahg I wasn't really suggesting he's a 2C or even that we need that.  We need a 3C that can get the line going.  Or a 4C that keeps the play moving the right way.  I just don't think Sutter is happy with another 4C.  He wants another 3C.  He knows what Ruzie can be.  Leaving it to the player perhaps, less than the Dube treatment.  Dube seemed to be play in every position available and keep the player trying to impress and improve in all those spots.  Ruzie is just getting the impress in the one position we think you can do.

3 hours ago, rocketdoctor said:

What was that BS with the review for a high stick?  It was not called until the review.  Never seen that.  Someone we'll have to explain that to me.   Dumbstruck wit the Zebras.

Refs were garbage both ways all night.  Let stuff go, then called it, then let stuff go again, so inconsistent.

Marky bailed us out at the end.  Johnny was awesome tonight and a great 2 points for the Flames after our 3 losses.

Keep it going Flames.

Go Flames Go!

The only way I can figure it, is that they got together and called the penalty during their little discussion.  Somebody thinks they saw something.  The review was to determine if it was own player or Tkachuk.  I have seen that part reviewed before but it's pretty rare.  I think it was BS, since I don't think anyone saw anything.  We won in spite of it, and it's not like we don't see this type of reffing.

7 hours ago, The_People1 said:

This. As the end of the season draws near, and teams start tightening up, it’s looking like we’re going back to being a one line team. Backlund is neutering Mange and Toff. I’m not sure yet if Jarnkrok is the solution. We may want to reconsider going with

JH - Lindy - Toff

Mange - Backs - Chucky 

Backlund’s line hasn’t produced offensively since Chucky was taken off his line.