GDT FLAMES @ Avs - Sun 13 March 2022

rocketdoctor

Just one of those games to flush and forget.

One goal game and we didn't get the calls early when we needed them.

But the little mistakes you make when tired can come back to haunt you.

Poor coverage leaving Nate wide open for the only real goal that changed the game.

Bad play by Stone on the faceoff draw.

Lost the game in the 1st.

Vladar is outstanding. What an incredible find. He is an amazing goalie. He makes saves he shouldn’t and gives us a chance every game he plays. 

Backlund had a pretty poor night by my eyes. Likely fatigue. Very slow tonight. 

rest up flames. Great run on this crazy schedule. 

29 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

Vladar is outstanding. What an incredible find. He is an amazing goalie. He makes saves he shouldn’t and gives us a chance every game he plays. 

He is basically unbeatable one on one.

His only weakness was a tiny hole between pads body and hand.

What kind of idiot plans a schedule like that.

Oh yeah, league parity.

We had enough B2B sets without the one jambed into Fenruary and March.

10 hours ago, LouCifer said:

Backlund and Tkachuk I thought were the particularly tired ones.

4 hours ago, rocketdoctor said:

according to the game log Ruzicka was not even a scratch.

Looks like they sent him down and brought Mackay up.

Rest up guys.  onwards and upwards.

Go Flames Go!

Yup and that's for ease. Ruzicka doesn't require waivers so no 3 day waiting period is required.

5 hours ago, rocketdoctor said:

according to the game log Ruzicka was not even a scratch.

Looks like they sent him down and brought Mackay up.

Rest up guys.  onwards and upwards.

Go Flames Go!

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

Yup and that's for ease. Ruzicka doesn't require waivers so no 3 day waiting period is required.

Good catch RD.  Saw it listed for Capfriendly after you mentioned it.

I'm not sure if this is a paper transaction or whether they sent him down to get in some game action.  There are 4 games this week for Stockton, Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat.  A lot of it depends on Kylington's status.  If he is good to go, then they can send down Mackey.  If not, they need to decide if they want to waive one of the extra forwards to clear a spot for him or just proceed as is.

Ritchie was fine in the last game, brought hitting that managed to create some havoc, but didn't really provide any scoring chances.  Considering that Ruzie was fully rested, it was an odd choice.  But you know that Sutter is goinbg to be hard on rookies.  

23 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Good catch RD.  Saw it listed for Capfriendly after you mentioned it.

I'm not sure if this is a paper transaction or whether they sent him down to get in some game action.  There are 4 games this week for Stockton, Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat.  A lot of it depends on Kylington's status.  If he is good to go, then they can send down Mackey.  If not, they need to decide if they want to waive one of the extra forwards to clear a spot for him or just proceed as is.

Ritchie was fine in the last game, brought hitting that managed to create some havoc, but didn't really provide any scoring chances.  Considering that Ruzie was fully rested, it was an odd choice.  But you know that Sutter is goinbg to be hard on rookies.  

It wasn't though. It was an easy choice due to waivers requiring 3 days before you can call someone up. So it's out of practicality. So now it's up to Mackey to prove we don't need to acquire another D at TDL.

There isn't a need to paper transaction a player to the AHL until after the TDL as it serves no purposes for anyone. I think conundrumed is right that with Kylington unavailable they wanted an extra D for the game and Ruzicka is the only forward they had the option to send down. Everyone else would have required waivers and they wouldn't have got it done prior to the game.  I will be surprised if it's more than that. 

How long he stay will likely give us an indication on the severity of Kylington's injury. 

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

There isn't a need to paper transaction a player to the AHL until after the TDL as it serves no purposes for anyone. I think conundrumed is right that with Kylington unavailable they wanted an extra D for the game and Ruzicka is the only forward they had the option to send down. Everyone else would have required waivers and they wouldn't have got it done prior to the game.  I will be surprised if it's more than that. 

How long he stay will likely give us an indication on the severity of Kylington's injury. 

I was referring to a paper transaction of assigning him to the AHL, but not actually sending him there to play.

Heat play tonight, so Ruzie may play there.

If this is anything more than having an extra D available on game day, then BT seriously needs to consider waiving a player.  Ruzie is not a perfect player at all, but offers more than just hitting or good faceoff numbers.