GDT - Blue Jackets @ FLAMES - Tuesday 15 February 2022

rocketdoctor

50 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I'd assume Steinberg should have the upper hand?

One would hope so, makes no sense to

mess with the chemistry on the 2nd line right now…if things break down well then yes time to change things up…

I have to say adding TT has opened up a whole bunch of options with line combos…should be interesting to see where things settle in at…I’m hoping he slots in well and clicks with Monahan and Dube on the 3rd line…it would awesome to have 3 lines for the opposition to deal with 😊👍

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The_Snowbear said:

His ice time is gonna be monitored tonight cause of travel and montreal had a back to back

I have nothing to do with it.  LOL.

The timezone change to regular playing times will impact Toffoli a lot no doubt.

He hasn't played since Sunday, so I think the B2B he has coming up is more concern.

39 minutes ago, The_Snowbear said:

that and how late he got in lastnight from montreal you see the pic of looch picking him up at the airport lol

These guys are pretty used to the travel part of the game.

He has to become more accustomed to playing at a high elevation as opposed to sea level.

As far as future travel, there is very little left outside mountain and pacific timezones.

I won't be harping on him if he looks gassed tonight.

Just now, conundrumed said:

Andersson dents the post.

He’s got a howitzer of a shot - and it’s quite accurate… I don’t know why he’s been reserved with it since making the nhl, but I’m hoping with the D activating now it will help encourage him to use it more. 

Good first period. Toff had a few touches, a tip, and a stutter-step move that led to a shot high and wide. Didn’t look out of place, but I can’t wait until he gets a few practices in. Zadorov’s game is growing. Guddy with the goal. We controlled most of the play. Let’s see more of that in period 2! GFG!