Maple Leafs @ FLAMES - Thursday 10 February 2022

rocketdoctor

• rocketdoctor changed the title to Maple Leafs @ FLAMES - Thursday 10 February 2022
14 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

Thanks RocketD! Go Flames Go! Take it to these Leafs so I can rub it in and flaunt my Flames jersey to my fam! 

calgary flames nhl fans GIF by NHL

Half my friends and fam are Bruins fans. Plus my Wings friends. I've got most of them calling Calgary their 2nd fave. The heavy eastern schedule helped me a ton.lol

It took awhile, but once I started hearing, "I kinda like the Flames"...mission accomplished.lol

Doesn't hurt Johnny's play is leaving them in awe. Johnny Franchise.

• Like 1

This is kinda a critical game, 2nd of a back to back against two top teams…I think this will be a real Test, they win this then they are on the right track for being a contender…a loss shows there is more work to be done.  They need to see this as a play off type setup, and a win here will show they are ready for the post season.

a loss is not the end of the world either, as it serves as a wake up call

for what then need to do for a successful  post season.

the team has worked hard and I think are ready to make the statement they are ready to contend…so go Flames and get the win and make that statement!

13 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I'm really interested to see the plan. Match 1st lines? Then Backs on Tavares? should be interesting.

4 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I hope we're physical, because I'm not sure they can do anything about that. Even if Simmonds were in.

Sutter was asked about that.  Said, no not about to discuss that in the media.  Too funny.

Makes sense that Sutter tries to get Johnny and Mangiapane out as much as possible against 3rd and 4tth lines.

Liljegren playing 4th line RW.  Yikes.

I guess we might see Lucic or Dube out against Marner or Willy.

But as long as we have the top 4D out there it's less of a concern.

Zaddy and Guddy can hammer the little guys if they are stuck out there.

2 minutes ago, The_Snowbear said:

Yeah but what coach is gonna show his hand none there all tight vested they all Want to win

I would hope he would never say anthing.

Don't even tell who is starting in net.

If you are making a change to a line, don't tell.

Really, I was just answering C's question.

I don't now what makes sense, but I am no coach.

Sutter seems to have the answers most nights.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Sutter was asked about that.  Said, no not about to discuss that in the media.  Too funny.

Makes sense that Sutter tries to get Johnny and Mangiapane out as much as possible against 3rd and 4tth lines.

Liljegren playing 4th line RW.  Yikes.

I guess we might see Lucic or Dube out against Marner or Willy.

But as long as we have the top 4D out there it's less of a concern.

Zaddy and Guddy can hammer the little guys if they are stuck out there.

Not surprising. They have Matthew and Tavares down the middle. I'm interested to see how Sutter plays it. Don't get me wrong. I have tons of faith.

Their bottom 6 can be a problem.

I hope Sutter doesn't throw this game, because I have a strong sense that he does do that to play long ball.

Is he throwing Vladar to the wolves? I REALLY wonder with Sutter. The best teams beat us, and I'm not convinced that he isn't playing possum.