FLAMES @ Canadiens Thursday 11 November 2021

rocketdoctor

Johnny Muscles?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Out of these players who has the most hits in tonights game?

• Johnny Muscles
    • Lucic
    • Zadorov
    • Gudbranson
    • Dube
    • Richardson

5 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I have enough trouble with 9-10pm starts here and love EST road trips.

Yeah EST road trips are great as I get midnight games here.  Sometimes the Flames seem to be out east when the clocks change and that can mean 11pm games for me as we move the clocks a couple weeks earler than USA/Canada.  Did not happen this year.

Go Flames Go.  Will put the lines up soon.

Not much positive to say about that game.

Markstrom not 100% in his positioning on the GWG.

It was a poor play at the O-zone by Kylington that created the one on one.

Guddy had him, but Marky left his post.

The other two goals were deflections that were in the crease and we ended up there 2nd.

Tkachuk was okay, but he looked slow at times.

The PP not really clicking, though we had what, one chance?

51 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

Well, I think they should have used Vladar in this one, it would give the Flames a quality goalie to steal one tomorrow and hopefully they were just trying to preserve energy for tomorrow 

They played a heavy game and some of the hits left them open to counter attack.

It was less vintage Markstrom, but I don't think  he was bad.

Just the number of penalties we were called on was stupid.

Ticky tack calls.

MTL was a bunch of gentlemen I guess.

Lots of picks let go.

Plenty of grabbing.

Andersson was called and he wasn;t the one holding.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

They played a heavy game and some of the hits left them open to counter attack.

It was less vintage Markstrom, but I don't think  he was bad.

Just the number of penalties we were called on was stupid.

Ticky tack calls.

MTL was a bunch of gentlemen I guess.

Lots of picks let go.

Plenty of grabbing.

Andersson was called and he wasn;t the one holding.

Well, it is beginning to look a bit like a trend... refs, and then also 4 losses in 5 games. Good to get some points on some of those as they add up, but losses aren't wins. The play is only going to get harder as the season goes on. Is there cause for concern?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, robrob74 said:

Well, it is beginning to look a bit like a trend... refs, and then also 4 losses in 5 games. Good to get some points on some of those as they add up, but losses aren't wins. The play is only going to get harder as the season goes on. Is there cause for concern?

True story. You see teams and individual players over-perform for the 1st 15-20 games every year until the real NHL kicks in.

I hope that isn't us, but it's a cause for concern. Hopefully they didn't get too high from trouncing NYR.

Not a fan of the lines last night, I think they took away from diversity and the bottom 3 lines look like the same lines now.

I feel like Sutter was foreshadowing in 1 of his interviews. Something to the effect of, "now we'll go on the road and if it doesn't go well there will be completely different questions".

• Like 2

13 hours ago, robrob74 said:

Things even out as the season goes on.  The calls that is.  

We have had one of the toughest schedules so far compared to some other teams.  That's not an excuse as much as an observation.  For some it doesn't get any tougher.  I'm okay with it because it builds character.  No easy nights.  A loss in MTL is not the end of the world.  The fact we scored just one goal should be a concern.  I wouldn't say we were outplayed, just that we gave them way too much PP time and our PK was flawed.  I'm not sure why we had both Tanev and Guddy out there at the same time.  Two RHS.  Oh well. 

Let's see how this roadie unfolds before we start worrying about the season.  All teams adjust.  Get our backup playing more.  Get the lines more familiar with each other.  Evaluate the players and see if they are struggling individually or as a line player.