Dillon Dube - Center

conundrumed

14 hours ago, travel_dude said:

My only concern with Dube is that he needs to be positive in his FO%.  The upside to that is that if he does become a >50% guy, then we have more options.

FO% can be a little overrated imho. Does it really equate to puck possession? I think it doesn't more often than not. The Dube-Mangia pairing doesn't seem to have a problem with possession. They're fast and dangerous. If you're going to have sub-par fo%, the fast and dangerous line is a good place to have it.

They don't seem to have a problem with it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, conundrumed said:

FO% can be a little overrated imho. Does it really equate to puck possession? I think it doesn't more often than not. The Dube-Mangia pairing doesn't seem to have a problem with possession. They're fast and dangerous. If you're going to have sub-par fo%, the fast and dangerous line is a good place to have it.

This year Dube's at 48.5% so far, that is the same as Backlund's career numbers, Backlund's had great possession metrics for the better part of his career and Dube's this year are excellent as well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, conundrumed said:

At home, we can shelter Dube.  Give him plum starts.  On the road, they will face top 6 lines.

Tonight is dem Sharks.

They can be easy to play or brutal.

Players to look out for:

Couture, Hertyl, Cogliano and Burns

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

At home, we can shelter Dube.  Give him plum starts.  On the road, they will face top 6 lines.

Tonight is dem Sharks.

They can be easy to play or brutal.

Players to look out for:

Couture, Hertyl, Cogliano and Burns

They're pretty Covid-ravaged so hopefully we jump all over them early and often.

Should I revert the title back to, Dillon Dube - Winger?😪

Not a fan of the change unless it was going to be Mony centering the speedsters.

If you HAVE to split Mang-Dube...

JG-Lind-Mangia

Tkachuk-Mony-Coleman

Dube-Backlund-Pitlick

Lucic-Richardson-Lewis

Tkachuk is deathly slow. Give JG an equal skater. Will Duehr ever get a sniff or his he just a warm body?

5 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Should I revert the title back to, Dillon Dube - Winger?😪

Not a fan of the change unless it was going to be Mony centering the speedsters.

If you HAVE to split Mang-Dube...

JG-Lind-Mangia

Tkachuk-Mony-Coleman

Dube-Backlund-Pitlick

Lucic-Richardson-Lewis

Tkachuk is deathly slow. Give JG an equal skater. Will Duehr ever get a sniff or his he just a warm body?

Yeah, I figured it was going to be Mange-Monahan-Dube.

We bring in Coleman and move players to RW so he can play LW?

Weird, he should be the one doing that.

Have to agree about Tkachuk.

His passes are blind, but Monahan seems to be able to anticipate them.

He skates like he's wearing rubber boots.

I would be fine with your lines.  Or:

JG-Lind-Mangia

Tkachuk-Mony-Dube

Coleman-Backlund-Pitlick

Lucic-Richardson-Lewis/Duehr

I like Mangiapane in the slot; someone actually able to feed him would help.

Dube on RW has worked and I think he could add some speed and mesh with Monahan.

19 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Yeah, I figured it was going to be Mange-Monahan-Dube.

We bring in Coleman and move players to RW so he can play LW?

Weird, he should be the one doing that.

Have to agree about Tkachuk.

His passes are blind, but Monahan seems to be able to anticipate them.

He skates like he's wearing rubber boots.

I would be fine with your lines.  Or:

JG-Lind-Mangia

Tkachuk-Mony-Dube

Coleman-Backlund-Pitlick

Lucic-Richardson-Lewis/Duehr

I like Mangiapane in the slot; someone actually able to feed him would help.

Dube on RW has worked and I think he could add some speed and mesh with Monahan.

Yup those are really good lines, I think Tachuck would mesh very well with Monahan and Dube would

add a speed element to them.

I think, Monahan and Gaudreau are probably still a great duo, it’s a matter of

who would fit with them and if there would be enough fire power on the other lines.  That has been the major issue shut Monahan and Gaudreu down and that’s all they wrote…

I Still think if they were paired together, they would have a lot

more success, under Sutter…I know the past few years they were contained but with that I think Sutter has the team a lot tighter on Defense and with Tachuck seemingly having some good chemistry with Lindholm at Ctr there are a few combos that could and probably should be tried over this season…

Gaudreau/Monahan/Coleman 

Gaudreau/Monahan/Dube

Gaudreau/Monahan/Pitlick

Tkacuck/Lindholm/Dube

Tkacuck/Lindholm/Coleman 

Tkacuck/Lindholm/Pitlick

Manji/Backlund/Coleman 

Manji/Backlund/Dube

Manji/Backlund/Pitlick

Lucic/Richardson/Lewis

Lucic/Richardson/Duehr

i know it’s kinda the same as the past but with a few twists, Ctr and LW pairs stay the same with some chemistry we have seen already…if I were a betting man the line combos that would probably be best:

Gaudreau/Monahan/Coleman 

Tkacuck/Lindholm/Pitlick or Dube

Manji/Backlund/Dube or Pitlick  

Licic/Richardson/Duher 

I think this would, in time be a hard lineup to play against, but only if…

Sutter sticks with playing them all with even mins (rolling all 4 lines) by having a line just for crash and bang or just a shutdown line…pretty much the way he’s been doing it now but with lines like above…I say this cause currently, we seem to be seeing a bit of a similar issue if the top line gets cold or shutdown aka Gaudreau/Lindholm/Tkacuck the team seems to fall flat…but with having the LW/Ctr pairs teams

would need to try and shut down 3 lines cause Manji/Dube and Backlund can score.

the only other thing that would be a HUGE improvement would be if we could land a top 6 RW thats the one MAJOR thing BT has really failed to address and has been a huge struggle for every coach to offset..I mean it’s had its hidden gems where guys like

Lindholm have been successful but then there is a hole at Ctr which would fine if we still had Bennet but we don’t…so that RW weakness is even more exposed…anyway, hopefully they can play a respectable game through the season and at some point BT manages a trade or two for some proven (not vet, over 30 guys) but proven RW’s…two would be ideal, power forward types that can skate! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MP5029 said:

he only other thing that would be a HUGE improvement would be if we could land a top 6 RW thats the one MAJOR thing BT has really failed to address and has been a huge struggle for every coach to offset..I mean it’s had its hidden gems where guys like

Lindholm have been successful but then there is a hole at Ctr which would fine if we still had Bennet but we don’t…so that RW weakness is even more exposed…anyway, hopefully they can play a respectable game through the season and at some point BT manages a trade or two for some proven (not vet, over 30 guys) but proven RW’s…two would be ideal, power forward types that can skate! 

Pick your poison.

Lindholm at C gives us depth at C, but we lose our best RW.

Lindholm at RW gives us a top 6 RW, but we lose that top C.

Monahan has not been playing (yet) as a top C.

Dube could be a great #2, but no RW for him.

I'm beginning to wonder if we need Tarasenko.

Big power forwards that can shoot.

Not sure how we make the deal, other than Lucic and Valimaki foing the other way.

Yje prize for them is Valimaki, who would get the reps there (and we would be sad).

Monahan maybe, but then we are down to Dube at C.

Would this work, assuming Monahan goes?

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Tarasenko

Mangiapane-Dube-Tkachuk

Coleman-Backlund-Duehr

Lucic-Richardson/Lewis-Pitlick

TBH, I am not really impressed with the 4th line.

Lucic has been good in stretches.

Pitlick is a good defensive guy, but can't seem to break the goose egg.

Richardson seems to be playing the right way, but he seems at times to kill offense.

If we were to move Lucic and Val for Tank, then we have better depth at C.

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Tarasenko

Mangiapane-Monahan-Tkachuk

Dube-Backlund-Coleman

Duehr-Richardson/Lewis-Pitlick

It makes the cap harder to manage next season, but it gives us time to get back the scoring Moneyhands.

The loss of Valimaki is tough, but we cyrrently don't have a spot for him.