GDT FLAMES @ Wings Thurs 21 Oct 2022

rocketdoctor

How many minutes will Kylington play tonight?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How many minutes will Kylington play tonight?

• less than 10 minutes
    • 10.01 - 12.00
    • 12.01 - 13.00
    • 13.01 - 14.00
    • Over 14.01

Wasn’t a very clean game. Turnovers were an issue, PP doesn’t look very good and they really struggled getting the puck out of the zone. Not a great game all around. 

On the positive side, if you play with effort, above avg defense and good goaltending you can win games and shutout teams even if other parts of your game are still coming around. That isn’t something that has been common for the team in recent years. 

4 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Wasn’t a very clean game. Turnovers were an issue, PP doesn’t look very good and they really struggled getting the puck out of the zone. Not a great game all around. 

That's the weird thing.

The giveaways was down to 4 for the night, but takeaways were high against the Flames.

The PP really sucks right now.

Was better last couple of games.

Just when they talk about Muller being in charge, it looks useless.

10 minutes ago, cross16 said:

On the positive side, if you play with effort above avg defense and good goaltending you can win games and shutout teams even if other parts of your game are still coming around. That isn’t something that has been common for the team in recent years. 

I think almost every aspect of the game needs work given how early it is in the season.

Markstrom looked much calmer and confident.

I don't understand how Chucky can swat a moving puck 15' in the air with a small stick, but also go off-side so often. I wonder if his skating needs attention because one would assume it is not his timing.

Happy with the win!

Good effort. Lots of turnovers that need to be cleaned up. 

Kyller looked great out there. I’m glad he’s getting an opportunity. 

Dube impressed me. Mange doing Mange things as usual. 

Did Monahan play tonight? 😬… yikes man… 

Gudbranson making most (all) of us eat crow. He’s been solid. 

Bennett getting an opportunity on the PP and buries one tonight. :ph34r:

I only watched the first period and then bits and pieces of the rest of the game.  We looked pretty good 5-on-5 again.  That seems to be our strength.  Wings didn't really have anyone dangerous to make us pay for our mistakes so that seemed to help.  The Wings had their chances and passed when they should shoot and shoot when they should pass.  I didn't mind Dube at Center.  He has the speed and smarts to handle it.  Kylington gives us much more mobility from our D and should stay in the lineup.  Everything worked so well.  Just keep the same lines and go again next game.

7 hours ago, cross16 said:

On the positive side, if you play with effort, above avg defense and good goaltending you can win games and shutout teams even if other parts of your game are still coming around. That isn’t something that has been common for the team in recent years. 

While true, Detroit's game plan I think is just chaos. They don't set up often just chase the puck everywhere. 

I thought Calgary was a little slow with decision-making in their own end.

Detroit is big on risk on the PK. They generate a lot of 2-on-1s.

I think this season start is a bit hectic for everyone because the team's haven't familiarized themselves with each other in so long.

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

Behind the glass, yes. That's him. LCA only "recommends", nothing mandated, even masks are, "encouraged".

One Reddit poster said he has a neck tattoo, which this feller does not have.

The hairline looks similar.

Is he ever planning on playing hockey if it is him?

Guess he has no desire to go to Kansas City.

The ribs are good there, are they not?

7 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

One Reddit poster said he has a neck tattoo, which this feller does not have.

The hairline looks similar.

Is he ever planning on playing hockey if it is him?

Guess he has no desire to go to Kansas City.

The ribs are good there, are they not?

He's correct. He has a roman numeral neck tattoo running down his left side.

20 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Good toi balance for the fwds last night. Nice to have bottom 6 players all pitching in. JG maxxed @18:22.

No one under 10:00.

I will be honest.

I wasn't a fan of 50% of the lines last night.

Top line - no problem, they usually look to be the best out there.

Coleman-Backlund-Pitlick - a little less offense than I would hope for out of Coleman, but he's a worker.

Mangiapane-Dube-? - ok, so I have no issue with Bread and Butta, but Ritchie adds very little to them.

Lucic-Monahan-Lewis - if this is to get Monahan's confidence back, I'm not sure it's a good idea.  Maybe 2 scoring chances and one was a partial break by Lucic.

I get balancing the talent over 4 lines, but the results weren't great for half the game.

Maybe the middle 6 should be:

Coleman-Monahan-Pitlick

Mangiapane-Backlund-Dube

or

Mangiapane-Monahan-Coleman

Dube-Backlund-Pitlick

I think Backlund benefits from Dube or Mangiapane or both.

And Monahan needs a strong defensive F.