UFA 2020, Who’d You Sign?

robrob74

7 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

that the thing .. backup to Markstrom is likely getting 15-20 Max 

It will be a compressed schedule so the backup will see more starts than in a typical season. Talk has been when a team travels, they will play 2 or even 3 games in that city. Lots of back to backs

20-30 Domingue starts is not good for the Flames.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if NJ being in on Hoffman is to try and get Palmeri to extend and if not he get's traded?

I have been suggesting for awhile that we trade JH for Palmeri + but at this point the 2.25 cap saving of a one for one could allow us to sign an extra depth Rwer so I would do it.

I know JH is the higher value player but the addition of Palmeri and JH gone make us hard to play against and adding the "right" depth piece only help as well. I would be sooo ok with playing Mange and Mony with Palmeri.

8 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I wouldn't hate a pursuit of Hoffman. Needs to be 3 years or less though. 

He's truly an elite shooter, he instantly would have the best shot on the Flames. He finally gives you a legit one-timer on the PP. 

Hoffman would be great. I would actually go 4 years if the moneys was right. Even at 34 he is still a RWer better than we have had in years.

Hoffman makes no sense for the Flames. Can’t afford him first of all and second of all I don’t think he addresses the key problems (lack of forecheck, physical or RS) that you would want to fix. 

I could get behind Dadonov but again don’t see how they afford him 

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

Hoffman makes no sense for the Flames. Can’t afford him first of all and second of all I don’t think he addresses the key problems (lack of forecheck, physical or RS) that you would want to fix. 

I could get behind Dadonov but again don’t see how they afford him 

With Hall at 8 and Toffoli at 4.5 is see Hoffman and Dadanov in around 6 - 6.5 max for there age.

2 minutes ago, FlameFan4Life said:

Why not do a 1 x 1 show me deal for Leivo. He may do well on the second or third line. Having the knowledge he get's to play his way up the line up may be good for him.

I think this looks pretty good bargain deal like like everyone else is signing.

Might get lucky right?

I like it. 

Well I have to say I was hoping BT May have had a down low deal going for AP but kinda figured he was going to LVK...

with that in mind BTbhas gotta have something in the cooker, there is no way he can believe adding a bit of beef to the D and a legit goalie while diluting the D offense and adding absolutely no offensive to the front end will help a team that has a horrible time

Scoring  is gonna get any further...unless he’s completely lost it, there has to be a move or two brewing either trade or whatever to add to the defence offence   or preferred the RW there is no way he can be that blind? 

1 hour ago, FlameFan4Life said:

With Hall at 8 and Toffoli at 4.5 is see Hoffman and Dadanov in around 6 - 6.5 max for there age.

I think that Dadanov is cloer to Toffoli in value.

His salary last season was 3.6m and his stats tailed off a bit.

4.5 x 4 might be reasonable.

Then we could trade Ryan to FLA for Weegar.

Try to sign him to a bridge deal prior to arbitration.

2 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

They are about $7m over the cap now.

Yes but they have time to figure that out...had we signed hall we too could have moved a few player around...I’m not sure why BT is so reserved...it’s like he’s scared to be bold and take chances, that will never get you a winner 

Archived