The Gretzky Genes

jjgallow

So, sorry for the old video, this just occurred to me...  

Most of the time, I ignore cheap celebrity stories for what they are.      But, this one, pulled on my strings a little.

Take away the headlines and the names and the drama....take away "The Buzzer"...

This is Not a normal 11 month old child lol.  Clearly.

What kind of 11 month old is just dead-focused on the ball like that, will try and control it any way they can...   feet, hands, stick...

And then when he sees grandpa's got and edge with the stick, it's like, Instant competitiveness. 

"Ah.....The stick works best.   I will Take your stick and win whatever we are playing right now"

Gretzky, with same genes, knows exacty what this kid is thinking.   And he is dying to pass on those skillz.

Gives the kid a quick  feel of stick-handling, Tatum responds with   "I already know how,  I will do it better than you, and my Dad is a better golfer than you too".

And takes over.  Having instantly learned.

So between Gretzky and Dustin Brown we're looking at what is genetically one of the most blessed people to have ever existed in terms of athletics.

It shows.

Time will pass before we know it.    Not sure if he'll be in the PGA, or the NHL, or nothing at all.   But we might want to pick up some 1st overall picks from his draft year just in case ;)

(I joke!  Mostly joke!)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2020 at 5:25 PM, jjgallow said:

the kid hits it better than I ever will! Start em young at anything. My gf never played anything sports related and she has poor hand-eye coordination, her running is clumsy and you could just tell. She’s not obese but I can gain 15-20 then do a bit of exercise and lose what she has to work a ton to lose. I just mean, since I was athletic growing up, mommy body is made/grown differently.

this kid will grow skill. My favourite art school session was in a praxis class where we were talking about muscle memory. Even if it doesn’t End  up amounting to anything, he’ll enjoy playing sport as an adult. The one thing I regret is not playing organized hockey as a kid. I have the sense but not the legs. 

Archived