Goal Reviews/Challenges

robrob74

It is getting kind of ridiculous the goals allowed or disallowed. I don’t think there should be a challenge at all. A team shouldn’t be penalized for an official’s blunder. 

What i think should happen is that whenever a goal is scored, the NHL head office should review it. They get a call as soon as one goes in, if there’s a discrepancy in any of the play whether it is offside, a hand pass or a high stick, kicked in among other possibilities, they can stop play with the horn and restart at the time of a goal, or pause it just in case. Hard to determine on some scenarios, I know, but a good goal should be a goal or a bad goal shouldn’t be counted. 

I get it’s  tough because how do you determine how far to go?

I also think of a goalie is interfered with a goal is disallowed and the player should be penalized for doing so.

a lot to think about. But do we really need to be like the NFL? 

4 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I don't remember a team that's had such great fortune with blown calls than the Sharks have had.  

Pavelski's anhero .  Landeskog offside.  And now a hand pass goal.  What's next?

There was also our, “was it in?” In ‘04 where we could’ve scored if replays were an option then. 

And in those scenarios that you hist mentioned, the hand pass can’t be reviewed because there was no call on the ice. 

Sometimes i I also wonder in goal line scrums, sometimes the D put their hand on the puck and no calls, but that’s too far...

On 5/16/2019 at 3:51 PM, robrob74 said:

There was also our, “was it in?” In ‘04 where we could’ve scored if replays were an option then. 

And in those scenarios that you hist mentioned, the hand pass can’t be reviewed because there was no call on the ice. 

Sometimes i I also wonder in goal line scrums, sometimes the D put their hand on the puck and no calls, but that’s too far...

The blown call in game 7 against the VGK.

Sure, the Knights should have been able to prevent 4 goals during a PK.

But that was totally a wrong call.

4 guys can;t see that he didn't get a head shot?

Even if you are watching real time, he was bumped by Statsny after the initial hit.

Get rid of the off-side challenge.

It was put in place because of a blown call against the AVS 3-4 years ago.

Most of the overturned goals have been pretty much miniscule evidence to overturn it.

Make the goalie interferrence one black and white.

The goalie initiate contact outside the blue or is bumped outside the blue, fair goal.

Set a standard for bumping and stick to it.

Explain the rules to the teams.

Game 1 or SCF shouldn't change it.

Let TO make the call.

No challenge allowed.

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

The blown call in game 7 against the VGK.

Sure, the Knights should have been able to prevent 4 goals during a PK.

But that was totally a wrong call.

4 guys can;t see that he didn't get a head shot?

Even if you are watching real time, he was bumped by Statsny after the initial hit.

Get rid of the off-side challenge.

It was put in place because of a blown call against the AVS 3-4 years ago.

Most of the overturned goals have been pretty much miniscule evidence to overturn it.

Make the goalie interferrence one black and white.

The goalie initiate contact outside the blue or is bumped outside the blue, fair goal.

Set a standard for bumping and stick to it.

Explain the rules to the teams.

Game 1 or SCF shouldn't change it.

Let TO make the call.

No challenge allowed.

That's exactly what  I think! TO already calls when a goal has been missed. They should call too when a goal shouldn't be allowed.

• 7 months later...

This may not exactly fit in this thread, but whatevs.

The Svechnikov lacrosse goal.

Is it allowed in shootouts, and if the answer is no, then why is it allow in the game?

If you high stick a player in the process of flipping it, should it be a penalty?

It's not a follow through on a shot, it's whipping your stick.

If you contact the goalie in the mask, should it be ruled a high stick.

Maybe I'm too old school, but I don't like it.

It shows skill, but this isn;t a skills competition.

You try it, and the opposing team should show you the boards on the next shift.

8 hours ago, travel_dude said:

This may not exactly fit in this thread, but whatevs.

The Svechnikov lacrosse goal.

Is it allowed in shootouts, and if the answer is no, then why is it allow in the game?

If you high stick a player in the process of flipping it, should it be a penalty?

It's not a follow through on a shot, it's whipping your stick.

If you contact the goalie in the mask, should it be ruled a high stick.

Maybe I'm too old school, but I don't like it.

It shows skill, but this isn;t a skills competition.

You try it, and the opposing team should show you the boards on the next shift.

I think I can see it akin to a wrist shot. The only difference is the player has taken it off the ice and therefore will have a follow-through, similarly to a shot. I think though, if it falls off the stick, that's where I'd have the problem, and then follow-through to hit someone? 

Archived