Tom Wilson

xstrike

I hate to see anyone get injured, but if he had been wearing his helmet properly he would have been fine.  Was it a dirty play, I suppose, definitely a 2 min minor in my book.  But the hit didn't target the head, and wasn't overly violent.  All the damage was caused by his head hitting the ice after his helmet flew away.

I sometimes wonder why players even bother wearing helmets if they aren't going to tighten it up properly or make sure it is secured correctly...

6 hours ago, ABC923 said:

I hate to see anyone get injured, but if he had been wearing his helmet properly he would have been fine.  Was it a dirty play, I suppose, definitely a 2 min minor in my book.  But the hit didn't target the head, and wasn't overly violent.  All the damage was caused by his head hitting the ice after his helmet flew away.

I sometimes wonder why players even bother wearing helmets if they aren't going to tighten it up properly or make sure it is secured correctly...

How is the hit any worse than what Bennett laid on the COL player?

It's a hockey hit, no matter what my opinion of Reaves is.

Less targeting than what Kunitz laid on Hammer, for which the DPS didn't even seem to comment on.

42 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

How is the hit any worse than what Bennett laid on the COL player?

It's a hockey hit, no matter what my opinion of Reaves is.

Less targeting than what Kunitz laid on Hammer, for which the DPS didn't even seem to comment on.

I think we agree for the most part.  To me, it was simple interference as the play had moved on, so I would have assessed a 2 min minor penalty on the play.  I didn't see any targeting of the head, the force was not over the top (no flying elbows or launching movement with the arms, etc.).  Sure, if you hit someone no where near the play maybe there is intent to injure, but Wilson had been just stripped of the puck.  Hit was just late, nothing more, nothing less.

I think the 5 and the game was appropriate. It's late, interference and a bit of a charge and he does skate into him and as much as I dislike Tom Wilson and I thin it's pretty clear REaves had some intent there. I wouldn't have complained if he got a game or 2 for that as I still don't like to see those type of hits. 

But I also agree that it looks worse because Wilson's helmet came off and that you can't blame Reeves for. 

Archived