Noah Hanifin

Going4TheCup

52 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

If Hanifin refuses to sign, then how about we try to trade Hanifin for Erik Karlsson?

I was thinking that too, maybe add Sam Bennett or another player :o It's really weird that Hanifin still hasn't signed, he sounded optimistic when he first got traded to the Flames.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Going4TheCup said:

I was thinking that too, maybe add Sam Bennett or another player :o It's really weird that Hanifin still hasn't signed, he sounded optimistic when he first got traded to the Flames.

It shouldn't cost that much.  Bennett and Hanifin can probably get Karlsson and Stone.  

1 hour ago, The_People1 said:

If Hanifin refuses to sign, then how about we try to trade Hanifin for Erik Karlsson?

I would suggest that you forget about trading Hanifin.

If you want EK, then trade Brodie + Bennett for him.

Makes financial sense for OTT, as well as younger players with lower cap hits.

If it worked out, then next semmer trade Hamonic.

What I am saying is that in 2 years we need to give new deals to Brodie and Hamonic anyway, and next summer one for Bennett.  If Bennett was to score 50 points this year, him + one of the D's new deals would cost close to what EK is looking for anyway.  To better illustrate it, here is what that would look like:

2018/19

Bennett $1.95m

Brodie $4.65m

Total $6.6m

or 

EK $6.5m

2019/20

Bennett $3.5m (assumes a productive year and a deal like Backlund's previous one)

Brodie $4.65m

Total $8.15m

or 

EK $10m

2020/21

Bennett $3.5m

Brodie $6.75m (assumes a productive year and a deal in line with Gio's based on comps and cap %)

Total $10.25m

or 

EK $10m

Obviously, 2019/20 is the issue with Stone still on the cap and new deal for Tkachuk, but as a rental, it's easily doable.  

12 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

What I am saying is that in 2 years we need to give new deals to Brodie and Hamonic anyway, and next summer one for Bennett.  If Bennett was to score 50 points this year, him + one of the D's new deals would cost close to what EK is looking for anyway.  To better illustrate it, here is what that would look like:

2018/19

Bennett $1.95m

Brodie $4.65m

Total $6.6m

or 

EK $6.5m

2019/20

Bennett $3.5m (assumes a productive year and a deal like Backlund's previous one)

Brodie $4.65m

Total $8.15m

or 

EK $10m

2020/21

Bennett $3.5m

Brodie $6.75m (assumes a productive year and a deal in line with Gio's based on comps and cap %)

Total $10.25m

or 

EK $10m

Obviously, 2019/20 is the issue with Stone still on the cap and new deal for Tkachuk, but as a rental, it's easily doable.  

And be prepared to throw in the 2019 1st round pick. Karlsson isn't coming here. I'm betting on NYR.

17 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

2018/19

Bennett $1.95m

Brodie $4.65m

Total $6.6m

or 

EK $6.5m

2019/20

Brodie $4.65m

Total $8.15m

or 

EK $10m

2020/21

Bennett $3.5m

Total $10.25m

or 

EK $10m

Totals man.  

Just saying, "IF" Hanifin refuses to sign by camp.

2 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Totals man.  

Just saying, "IF" Hanifin refuses to sign by camp.

I know.  There is little reason for him not to sign.  What can he do?

Either he signs long term or a bridge deal.  Or he doesn't play.  How did that work out for Happy-to-see-you (Detroit player, can't spell his name).

Imagine a top 4 of Gio-EK, Hanifin-Hamonic or Hanifin-EK, Gio-Hamonic.

Imagine the PP.

Not even remote to happening, but interesting to think about.

There has been talk about OTT and CGY in discussion.  It's either Stone to, Stone from or EK.  Nothing else makes any sense.

Relax everyone.

In Wpg. Morrissey is still unsigned. Theodore has no contract with Vegas while Edmonton can't make the $s work to re-up Nurse.

Hanifin, Morrissey & Theodore all merit $5ish on a 6-8 (Habifin tops out @ 7 years due to league rules) while a desperate Edmonton will go @ least that high in an effort not to lose Nurse. The 1st 3 are on teams that can afford those signings while Chia will trade talent to sign Nurse in the Oilers signature "please don't leave" offer.

None of the players are represented by Overhart so the agents are likely waiting to see 1 of the others sign so they can use that contract as an example. The only 1 I see as possibly unsigned by training camp is Nurse. It'll take Chia some time to decide among the offers to get 1 of the few assets he has @ a discount to clear cap.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

I know.  There is little reason for him not to sign.  What can he do?

Either he signs long term or a bridge deal.  Or he doesn't play.  How did that work out for Happy-to-see-you (Detroit player, can't spell his name).

Imagine a top 4 of Gio-EK, Hanifin-Hamonic or Hanifin-EK, Gio-Hamonic.

Imagine the PP.

Not even remote to happening, but interesting to think about.

There has been talk about OTT and CGY in discussion.  It's either Stone to, Stone from or EK.  Nothing else makes any sense.

I think there was chatter about Pageau to Flames earlier.  I haven't heard rumors we are even targeting EK because OTT insisted Ryan be part of the deal.

I think Brodie + Bennett for EK is a good hockey trade for the Sens.  

If we offer Hanifin, I doubt any team can match that level of name recognition.  Most teams are trying to rip off the Sens who are in a lose/lose situation with EK.

2 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

He should sign in Florida.  Then the Karlssons and Hoffmans can laugh together about how they concocted a clever way to escape to sunny Miami together.

Hahaha seems like everybody wants out of Ottawa for so many reasons. I actually feel bad for the fans of the Senators because they have it so bad, I hope Ottawa can keep their NHL team in Ottawa because the more Canadian teams in the NHL the better. I hope a Canadian team wins the Stanley Cup soon, its been way too long!

23 minutes ago, Going4TheCup said:

Hahaha seems like everybody wants out of Ottawa for so many reasons. I actually feel bad for the fans of the Senators because they have it so bad, I hope Ottawa can keep their NHL team in Ottawa because the more Canadian teams in the NHL the better. I hope a Canadian team wins the Stanley Cup soon, its been way too long!

It definitely isn't a good situation there but regardless they should be trading Karlsson. They shouldn't even want to afford him. There is a chance to do a quick rebuild there given the solid young players they have there. They will be living with Ryan so live with it is my advice.

44 minutes ago, Going4TheCup said:

If not for the news recently that Ottawa city council is on board with Melnyk's scheme for a new arena (& Melnyk's money makers in the surrounding area) I figured a move of the Sens to QC was eminent.

The Melnyk stuff about not being sure of the Sens future in Ottawa followed by this echoes the way Katz bent over the Edmonton council to get what he wanted.

I still doubt players like Karlsson, Stone & Duchene will stick around to open the new area in a few years. Karlsson can get $11 million anywhere he opts to sign, Stone went to arby to land a 1 year for a reason (& it wasn't to hang around that tire fire even if offered the "C") while Duchene probably regrets leaving Colorado for an even worse situation (I don't mean he wants to go back there but that he won't stay either).

They will be stuck keeping Ryan just to hit the cap floor as no UFA or any other player with a choice will go play for Ottawa. It'll be a long, painful rebuild.

Jets are poised to win a SC soon. THN picked them as 2019-20 champs a few years ago.

TML are much stronger if they can only remember you need defense to be a champion. In the east their offence will carry them to a playoff spot like last year but we saw that brought them to 1 & done.

I like everything the Flames have except that question mark between the pipes.

Habs, Sens, Canucks & Oilers are fated to be non-combatents until they get competent management. Each has @ least decent or better players but nothing after a few of those. No balance leads to lots of falls.

2 hours ago, The_People1 said:

I think there was chatter about Pageau to Flames earlier.  I haven't heard rumors we are even targeting EK because OTT insisted Ryan be part of the deal.

I think Brodie + Bennett for EK is a good hockey trade for the Sens.  

If we offer Hanifin, I doubt any team can match that level of name recognition.  Most teams are trying to rip off the Sens who are in a lose/lose situation with EK.

We are not targeting EK because he has said he does not want to play for a Canadian Team.

1 hour ago, DirtyDeeds said:

We are not targeting EK because he has said he does not want to play for a Canadian Team.

Are 6 Canadian teams on his 10 team list?

He's also "said" that he won;t sign anywhere other than Tampa.

Ottawa almost had a deal with Tampa but insisted Ryan be included.  Tampa walked away.

Basically, this means he's limiting them to 19 possible US teams for a rental return.

For now.

Very limited possibilities.

I think EK has painted OTT into a corner where they can only trade him for less than full value now, an even limited bunch of teams at TDL or just his rights prior to UFA.  Most teams will stay away unless they know he will sign or don;t mind the rental cost.  They can always make their pitch next summer.

1 hour ago, DirtyDeeds said:

He said he will not sign an extension with a Canadian team.  Doesn't mean he will not play for one.  It's his contract year.  He will play here and he will play his best.

1 year of Karlsson.  Win the Cup and it's all worth it.

17 hours ago, The_People1 said:

He said he will not sign an extension with a Canadian team.  Doesn't mean he will not play for one.  It's his contract year.  He will play here and he will play his best.

1 year of Karlsson.  Win the Cup and it's all worth it.

Karlsson has denied rumors that he doesn't want to sign extension with a Canadian team according to Sportsnet. Let the Trade rumors begin again!!

Spoke to Noah Hanifin tonight about his contract situation with the Flames. He's an RFA still, but said he's "super close" to signing and has no worries about not being signed before players report Sept. 9. He said he feels he can take his game to "the next level" this season.

4:58 PM - 24 Aug 2018

Flames GM Brad Treliving also told me there are no worries about getting Hanifin under contract before camp opens. "We're very excited to have Noah," Treliving said.

34 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Spoke to Noah Hanifin tonight about his contract situation with the Flames. He's an RFA still, but said he's "super close" to signing and has no worries about not being signed before players report Sept. 9. He said he feels he can take his game to "the next level" this season.

Flames GM Brad Treliving also told me there are no worries about getting Hanifin under contract before camp opens. "We're very excited to have Noah," Treliving said.

Great news

Hanifin also stated that Dougie's numbers last year (17 goals 44 points) was what he is going to aim for this year (which I doubt it'll happen, but if it does that would be HUGE, for both him and the Flames. I expect progress over his 10 goals 32 points, but a 7 goal 12 point leap would be pretty remarkable). It's nice to know that he believes he could be everything Dougie was and more.

Archived