Bye-bye Bouma

phoenix66

9 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

They could very easily decide to keep Bouma as one of the extra forwards since he can play all of LW, C and RW. Put Hamilton on a two deal. I still say the guy to move or buy out should be Stajan so we can get Jankowski into the picture.

in case you missed it .. just announced Bouma to be bought out 

Do not really get all the Hate Bouma has received.

Was/is hard worker, good speed, sacrifices body and plays with purpose.

Not to say i liked his contract (thats what happens when you up someone after 1 career year)  and not to say that i would have brought him back (other/better options available)  But he did do what was expected of him.

Personally for a guy with his work ethic i would have tried to get him to stockton to impart some experience to the kids for the 1 year and then parted ways at end of contract

This buyout has me really confused (unless they asked Bouma and he specifically said, nah i dont want to go to heat, just buy me out please)

41 minutes ago, JustAFlamer said:

Not to say i liked his contract (thats what happens when you up someone after 1 career year)  and not to say that i would have brought him back (other/better options available)  But he did do what was expected of him.

Personally for a guy with his work ethic i would have tried to get him to stockton to impart some experience to the kids for the 1 year and then parted ways at end of contract

This buyout has me really confused (unless they asked Bouma and he specifically said, nah i dont want to go to heat, just buy me out please)

Before he signed his deal I would agree with all of this 100%. Unfortunately I think once he signed his deal he stopped doing most of these things and sounds like he wasn't exactly the greatest off ice influence either as it was he who had to get thrown out of practice after a party. Get that stuff happens but personally I didn't want him around AHL kids so I think the buyout was the way to go. Save more money and let him move on and hopefully he can get back to what he was doing really well and earn himself another contract. 

34 minutes ago, JustAFlamer said:

I think Bouma wore out his welcome here the day he signed that contract and decided to pull a sleeper on the Flames. I for one was tired of him going for a Sunday skate every time out on the ice. In all fairness I think he played like he didn't want to ever get hurt again and his usefulness was gone.

2 hours ago, MAC331 said:

I think Bouma wore out his welcome here the day he signed that contract and decided to pull a sleeper on the Flames. I for one was tired of him going for a Sunday skate every time out on the ice. In all fairness I think he played like he didn't want to ever get hurt again and his usefulness was gone.

That often crossed my mind as well. I also wondered if he had a long-term injury.

32 minutes ago, CheersMan said:

I expected more from Bouma, I'm not disappointed with the B/O.  Another ex-flame likely heading to the Canucks.

I half expect to find a Canuck fan going through my trash on garbage day. He might be in a green one-piece. Man, I hate those guys.

Archived