Many of us enjoy creating potential lineups.

This thread details from which side each player shoots, and the positions that they have played since their draft years.

Hope this helps some!

FORWARDS

Player      Shoots      Position(s) Played

Agostino      L              LW
Arnold         R              C
Backlund     L              LW/C
Bennett       L              LW/C
Bollig          L              LW/RW
Bouma        L              LW/C/RW
Carroll         R              LW/RW
Colborne      L              LW/C/RW
Elson           L              LW/C
Ferland        L              LW/RW
Frolik           L              LW/C/RW
Gaudreau     L              LW
Grant           L              LW/C
Hamilton      R              C/RW
Hathaway     R              RW
Jooris          R              C/RW
Klimchuk      L              LW
Monahan      L              C
Poirier          L              LW/RW
Pollock         L              LW/C
Raymond      L              LW/RW
Shinkaruk     L               LW/C
Shore           R              C/RW
Smith           R              RW
Stajan           L              C
Van BraBant  L              LW/C

Over 60% of the forwards can/have played at Center.

DEFENSE

Player           Shoots         Position(s) Played

Andersson     R                  RD
Brodie            L                  LD/RD
Culkin            L                  LD
Engelland       R                 LD/RD
Giordano        L                  LD
Hamilton        R                  RD
Jokipakka       L                  LD
Kanzig           L                  LD
Kulak             L                  LD
Kylington       L                   LD
Morrison        R                  RD
Nakladal        R                  RD
Sieloff            L                  LD
Smid             L                  LD
Wideman       R                  RD
Wotherspoon  L                  LD

Many teams have fewer RHRD than the Flames

Sorry for the columns being misaligned.

Left-shooting overwhelms right by a lot in general. I wouldn't go into a draft prioritizing which way a player shoots, personally.

I also wonder if Chychrun (LD) is there, do we take him?

You know for sure Edmonton MUST want him, so maybe we have a deal on the floor so they get him.

For us, I don't care if he bumps a dman in a couple short years, strength at one position = trades to fix other areas.

If we can get one of the top end RWs, I think we go for it. 

We have good depth on D, and some future top 4s deep in the system. 

If  Chychrun is the best pick available at our position, we take him of course. But if we can get at #1 RW we'll have plugged one of our two remaining holes (the other being a starting goalie)

Left-shooting overwhelms right by a lot in general. I wouldn't go into a draft prioritizing which way a player shoots, personally.

I also wonder if Chychrun (LD) is there, do we take him?

You know for sure Edmonton MUST want him, so maybe we have a deal on the floor so they get him.

For us, I don't care if he bumps a dman in a couple short years, strength at one position = trades to fix other areas.

Chychrun isn't in the top 5 on a lists now, and there is a lot of debate if he will even be the first defenseman drafted. If we are drafting at 5th you take a look at him, but I wouldn't draft him within the top 4.

Matthews

Laine

Puljujarvi

Tkachuk

Chychrun

Nylander

Sergachyov

Juolevi

Dubois

Gauthier

McLeod

That's my top 11 in order.

Chychrun isn't in the top 5 on a lists now, and there is a lot of debate if he will even be the first defenseman drafted. If we are drafting at 5th you take a look at him, but I wouldn't draft him within the top 4.

Matthews

Laine

Puljujarvi

Tkachuk

Chychrun

Nylander

Sergachyov

Juolevi

Dubois

Gauthier

McLeod

That's my top 11 in order.

You would take Laine over Puljujarvi and Tkachuk....I think I'd put Laine behind Chychrun myself, I rarely agree with scouts lol

I don't want your bottom 3 at all, I'd go with Keller, Bean and Jones due a lot to intensity.

After Matthews, I think Puljujarvi's the man for forwards.

You would take Laine over Puljujarvi and Tkachuk....I think I'd put Laine behind Chychrun myself, I rarely agree with scouts lol

I don't want your bottom 3 at all, I'd go with Keller, Bean and Jones due a lot to intensity.

After Matthews, I think Puljujarvi's the man for forwards.

I could go either way on Laine and Puljujarvi. I think Laine has higher end offensive upside, where Puljujarvi has more all around ability. With Tkachuk I am not totally sure on how much he generates offense himself or if he just has top end finishing skills much like Monahan, but with a mean streak.

I am not really a huge fan of Bean myself. I am not sure I would put him in my top 15. I don't think Jones has enough offensive upside to be a top 10 pick and there is a good chance he goes in the 15-20 range. Keller, I will admit I haven't seen enough of Keller to properly assess him.

I have doubts about Gauthier and McLeod, but Gauthier has all the tools to be at worst a 2nd line player. McLeod has top end speed and elite two way ability already. I usually rate guys playing premium positions (center and defense) a little higher than most. If McLeod does a little bit of work on his finishing skills he could be one the steals of the draft.

I could go either way on Laine and Puljujarvi. I think Laine has higher end offensive upside, where Puljujarvi has more all around ability. With Tkachuk I am not totally sure on how much he generates offense himself or if he just has top end finishing skills much like Monahan, but with a mean streak.

I am not really a huge fan of Bean myself. I am not sure I would put him in my top 15. I don't think Jones has enough offensive upside to be a top 10 pick and there is a good chance he goes in the 15-20 range. Keller, I will admit I haven't seen enough of Keller to properly assess him.

I have doubts about Gauthier and McLeod, but Gauthier has all the tools to be at worst a 2nd line player. McLeod has top end speed and elite two way ability already. I usually rate guys playing premium positions (center and defense) a little higher than most. If McLeod does a little bit of work on his finishing skills he could be one the steals of the draft.

Not saying your selections are bad at all. Laine is a giant, I just view more complete players as more ready.

Chychrun's falling has a lot more to do with learning a more complete game and limited "all star" game viewings.

Be careful with Jones' stats, he doesn't play on the first line, that's Dvorak, Tkachuk and Marner that eat up the prime minutes.

Tkachuk replaced Max Domi. I have a really hard time assessing London's first line because they are ALWAYS with top level teammates.

Marner reminds me of MacLeod, I keep seeing both play perimeter games since midget when the opposition matches them. Same with Benson, who I'd actually take before those two because I see an aggression gene.

Fans wanted Marner to step up his game at WJC, but he actually played his norm. That's how he plays.

During WJC, Jones' scoring went up a lot. I'm hoping he falls a bit due to being a 2nd liner and not putting up huge numbers.

With Keller, think Gaudreau. He's small, creates constantly and takes leadership. After Matthews/maybe Tkachuk the best US born player.

US Development teams are always bad within the elevated leagues they play in, that's the norm. It almost hides the talent.

But they are awfully good on the age group vs age group stage, the 17yos, the 18yos.

Archived