CBJ hires Tortorella

Kulstad

wow.  I thought we had seen the last of him after Vancouver.  They also have to give up a third rounder for him.  wow.

2nd rounder... apparantly coaching hires does mid season cost a 2nd rounder. That rule needs to be amended. I get, and am fine with, the spirit of the rule to reward teams for developing coaching/executive talent and then losing it to other teams but if you FIRE someone you should not be entitled to compensation. Why do the Canucks get essetnially a free 2nd round pick for a guy they decided wasn't a fit for them. Stupid....

I too thought you'd never see him again and am quite surprised he re surfaced. I think Vancouver was a terrible situation for him and its not overly reflective on him as a coach but i also think his style has worn out throughout the league.

• 2 months later...

Warning!   Not for the faint hearted.

On Dec 1st I remember watching the game highlights of the night.  The Habs were the hottest team in the league while riding their back-up goaltender.  Nick Foligno was challenged to a fight by Nathan Beaulieu after a clean hit.  Foligno accepted the offer then gently KO’d (if there is such a thing) Beaulieu.  It wasn’t pretty for the Habs.  After watching it, I immediately thought that could be the turning point in the Habs season.  The Habs have since been the coldest team in the league going 1-9 in last 10.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived