Suggestion: Jonathon Drouin

travel_dude

I am on the fence as to whether he is moved or not.  Both camps have plenty of reasons to hold a grudge and want a trade.  His recent good play could cause them to mend the fences.  But it also might just drive Drouin's value up high enough to allow Yzerman to justify trading him.  

Stevie may indeed hold a grudge, but Drouin was the one asking to be traded.  He did everything that was asked of him, once he got over the little pouter he threw.  He has become an impact player with a shot at being a top 6 player for years to come.  Does he throw that away and end up on a team in perpetual rebuild or constantly unable to make the playoffs?

Stevie Y is only going to trade him if the return greatly outweighs the value he brings.  They know what he is capable of.  He's not untouchable, but could be considered part of their last resort trades.

He did everything asked of him in the best interests of having a career. Worth keeping an eye on or ask about if BT is discussing a Vasilevsky deal.

He did everything asked of him in the best interests of having a career. Worth keeping an eye on or ask about if BT is discussing a Vasilevsky deal.

Yes, he did.  He wised up.  He actually lowered the likelihood of being traded due to be a spoiled brat.  So, his best option was to suck it up and try to get back in the lineup.

Vasilevsky is going to cost enough by himself.  Adding Drouin would take more than we can afford.  The need to trade him has diminished, so the cost would not be a bargain.  

If he was a RW, then I would be more interested.  He's a top prospect, but we have Shinkaruk and Mangiapane that would fill that winger for Bennett spot.  Tkachuk would also fill that role.  Dubois could be shifted to that spot.  

Don't get me wrong, every player possibly available needs to be looked at. If the price is right, then let's deal.

Correct. His agent must have had a heart-to-heart with him after they both found out he wasn't getting the interest they hoped & that Stevie Y is patient.

With the KHL a less viable option than it used to be & the other Euro league paying smaller $s for now it's play your best & remember who runs the show if you hope for a career that makes you rich.

For now TB can still stick him in the minors for as long as they want as he doesn't even have arbitration rights for a few more years. Get too big for your britches again kid & you could be riding the AHL bus making 15% of your NHL money or playing in Nome (like Siberia but more civilized :lol: ) if you really PO them.

You can't deny his talent & hopefully that stunt humbled him but now that he's playing again (& playing well) I think the cost will > his value. I hope you all understand the difference between the high-lighted words. I'm pretty sure BB will make dang sure BT does.

If the Russian economy recovers I can see him pulling another stunt like this

If he was a RW, then I would be more interested. 

He is a RW!

Correct. His agent must have had a heart-to-heart with him after they both found out he wasn't getting the interest they hoped & that Stevie Y is patient.

With the KHL a less viable option than it used to be & the other Euro league paying smaller $s for now it's play your best & remember who runs the show if you hope for a career that makes you rich.

For now TB can still stick him in the minors for as long as they want as he doesn't even have arbitration rights for a few more years. Get too big for your britches again kid & you could be riding the AHL bus making 15% of your NHL money or playing in Nome (like Siberia but more civilized :lol: ) if you really PO them.

You can't deny his talent & hopefully that stunt humbled him but now that he's playing again (& playing well) I think the cost will > his value. I hope you all understand the difference between the high-lighted words. I'm pretty sure BB will make dang sure BT does.

If the Russian economy recovers I can see him pulling another stunt like this

He is a RW!

Really?  Always thought he played LW.

I am on the fence as to whether he is moved or not.  Both camps have plenty of reasons to hold a grudge and want a trade.  His recent good play could cause them to mend the fences.  But it also might just drive Drouin's value up high enough to allow Yzerman to justify trading him.  

This. Personally I think they hold on to him but if they don't the price is to a point now where i'm not sure its even going to be worth it. I think the Flames would have to send Hamilton back the other way (given that apparantly Yzerman badly wants a RH shot dman) and I don't think trading Hamilton is worth it.

Drouin was a good idea if his value dropped to the point where you could get him on a bit of a steal. At full value, he is going to be expensive to acquire. 

This. Personally I think they hold on to him but if they don't the price is to a point now where i'm not sure its even going to be worth it. I think the Flames would have to send Hamilton back the other way (given that apparantly Yzerman badly wants a RH shot dman) and I don't think trading Hamilton is worth it.

Drouin was a good idea if his value dropped to the point where you could get him on a bit of a steal. At full value, he is going to be expensive to acquire. 

At full cost, he isn't worth it.  As a disgruntled employee, he would have been available for less.  

I just don't see his value right now.  Every other top 7 player from that draft has managed to make some noise.  

Let's try Wideman and cash for Killorn, forget Drouin.

Archived