Western Conference Playoffs - Round 1: Flames vs. Canucks

DirtyDeeds

Quiet thread.. why?

Y'all waiting for the wheels to fall off? We are leading the series, in the playoffs! When no one expected us to be anywhere near the playoffs!

We have Ferlie pasting everything that moves! Even the peanut venders won't go near the glass. Sammy and Johnny looking amazing! Hiller keeping it real and our defence is looking outright brilliant! 

Get happy! 

Go Flames Go!

Quiet thread.. why?

Y'all waiting for the wheels to fall off? We are leading the series, in the playoffs! When no one expected us to be anywhere near the playoffs!

We have Ferlie pasting everything that moves! Even the peanut venders won't go near the glass. Sammy and Johnny looking amazing! Hiller keeping it real and our defence is looking outright brilliant! 

Get happy! 

Go Flames Go!

Have you been taste-testing the umbrella drinks in Bandwagon already, Sheri? ;)

Down 1-3. Not surprising.

I'm more optimistic.Game 2 wasn't that long ago.

This is true however the series was not on the line, in Game #2, just the second of a 2 game "home advantage" was at stake which they had already lost .

I think the Nucks might be able to bring it enough tonight to extend the series one more game.... however I saw a defeated team last game that was having trouble keeping up to our speed so I could very well be wrong about tonight.

If the Nucks don't play for the full 60 minutes then this series is over unless Miller has a career playoff game....

Game 2 was before Ferland got into everyone's heads and destroyed Bieksa's ability to play the game

Not too worried about what Ferland is doing to our 5th dman...

But it has been pretty amazing that he makes Bieksa's 16 minutes of ice feel like he's out there for 45 minutes a game.

It's a great side story of tho.

This is true however the series was not on the line, in Game #2, just the second of a 2 game "home advantage" was at stake which they had already lost .

I think the Nucks might be able to bring it enough tonight to extend the series one more game.... however I saw a defeated team last game that was having trouble keeping up to our speed so I could very well be wrong about tonight.

If the Nucks don't play for the full 60 minutes then this series is over unless Miller has a career playoff game....

It's extremely simple in eyes... and it's been simple the whole series...

I said it before the series started...

Special teams.

Whoever wins the special teams battle will win the series.

I just didn't expect the Flames' special teams to be obliterating the Canucks thus far.

Lack hasn't been good enough to get us the key kills... and the PP has faltered badly at the times it could of swung the game in each of the 3 losses.

Everything else is noise to me.. a saw off between the 2 teams...

Just capitalize on a freakin rebound Hiller's been giving up and score a damn PPG..

That's what I seen too.  I was catching myself yawning in the third period.

Sweet.

Special teams was the difference. Flames with Two opportunities to tie it late... And the Canucks PK comes thru huge.

Canucks PP didn't cash in, but it led to sustained pressure and momentum after they expired unlike killing em like in the losses.

And they finally cash in on a Hiller rebound.

Just need to win on Saturday now.

Flames will be able to get Stajan vs the Twins at will on stoppages. That matchup seemed almost non existent this gm.... And the Sedins went nuts, except on the scoreboard.... Hiller was at his best. I'm hoping he can't duplicate his gm 5 again.

At least we get to find out in two sleeps!

Sweet.

Special teams was the difference. Flames with Two opportunities to tie it late... And the Canucks PK comes thru huge.

Canucks PP didn't cash in, but it led to sustained pressure and momentum after they expired unlike killing em like in the losses.

And they finally cash in on a Hiller rebound.

Just need to win on Saturday now.

Flames will be able to get Stajan vs the Twins at will on stoppages. That matchup seemed almost non existent this gm.... And the Sedins went nuts, except on the scoreboard.... Hiller was at his best. I'm hoping he can't duplicate his gm 5 again.

At least we get to find out in two sleeps!

You just be happy. Hiller didn't duplicate his gm 5. :)

Archived