Can we make the Playoffs this year?

Basti

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree that we need 4 of 5. 3 of 5 gets us to the 97 point marker. To beat that, La needs 5 of 6 and Winnipeg needs 4 of 6. Given their schedules, so long as don't lose both games against them and pick up wins against Arizona and Edmonton we should be set.

The game against the Oilers and Coyotes will not be easy. It's a mistake to consider them gimmes. The results of those games will reflect greatly on the coaching of this team for the need to prepare mentally against clubs that have absolutely nothing to lose. Keep in mind that those teams have been in the dumpster all year long and probably have their legs. Conversely the Flames are coming to the end of a regular season that has been absolutely grueling.

I agree the games against Edm and ARZ shouldn't be taken lightly. EDM has been playing better. Need to tread lightly with that game, It would be great to be assured a playoff spot before we meet, LA or Winn. Winning solves everything.

Oh, I can't wait for the days where our cup contending team can have a pretty "X" beside our team name in the standings.  A time where we don't have to scoreboard watch in hopes for the post season.  A time where we are so utterly cocky that we "just know" that we are a playoff team.

It's coming soon. :)

A win against St Louis would almost assure us if a playoff spot. They seem to have our number. Time to dig deep.

STL has been playing like crap recently. I hope they keep up the good work. 

EDM and ARI are must win games like every other game at this time of the year. We need to cntinue domination of the Pacific.

STL has been playing like crap recently. I hope they keep up the good work. 

EDM and ARI are must win games like every other game at this time of the year. We need to cntinue domination of the Pacific.

Seems like STL hasn't won a game since beating the Flames a week or so ago.  They've lost to all the teams we needed them to help us beat.

Kind of like Rene Bourque scores the game winner against the Flames one game before getting a season ending injury.  Perfect timing.

Looks like some one knew it would be a race for the final spot against LA. LA  has 1 tuff game and the rest are out of playoff spot perhaps SJ might give them some trouble but saying that we are looking at some real tuff games LA Jets ST L basically three very strong teams to LA,S 1 as in VAN and us the rest should be a walk in the park for them. CRAP 

Looks like some one knew it would be a race for the final spot against LA. LA  has 1 tuff game and the rest are out of playoff spot perhaps SJ might give them some trouble but saying that we are looking at some real tuff games LA Jets ST L basically three very strong teams to LA,S 1 as in VAN and us the rest should be a walk in the park for them. CRAP 

There are no easy games for anyone this time of year. Quick gets rattled a bit too easily right now for them to be 100% confident in beating EDM and COL.  The Oilers can score, and COL has been known to humble may a team; nobody has told them their season is over, and when they find out they will make somebody pay.

The advantage always goes to the team in a playoff spot, as the other team has the pressure to win any games-in-hand. A loss to COL, EDM or VAN makes their propsects of making the playoffs that much further out of reach.  In fact, a loss to EDM will completely demoralize them, as they have creamed EDM all season.

Two critical games for LA are the B2B games of @VAN and @EDM.  That could eliminate them basically right there.

Calgary simply must come out hard against the Oilers in the first period.

They still love beating us whenever possible, and are now playing decently once they get a lead.

I don't see ANY easy games for Calgary until next season.

Every game must be treated as a must win play-off game.

I want the flames to come out of the gate aggressive as heck when they play the blues. I am sick and tired of seeing the flames take a beating for 40 minutes, and then cough up a win. If they can gather some momentum in the first period, and play well in the second, then we can beat the blues. Keep in mind the blues will be playing desperately as well. They want to get out of their slump. Flames need to be playing desperately from now until Stanley cup finals ( if they make it that far)

What works against LA is they are the defending champs, so EVERYONE wants to beat them. It's easy to get amped up to play them. Edmonton has nothing to lose so they might as well throw everything including the kitchen sink at LA. It would prove to themselves that they can be a good team next year if the beat the defending champs this year.

The Rangers just ate Winnipeg's game in hand. Officially 1 point up on them.

Sadly Van and Nash are deciding it in a shootout.

At least NSH managed to tie it up and get it to the shootout. A non-ROW looks better than a ROW, don't you think. It does put them 4 up on us, however.

Archived