Call ups

Krule

That is the drawback to that line. If you've got some other ideas, I want to know. We lost 3 people who were centers at the start of the year. That's why I said it was so hard to try and predict.

Don't get me wrong the kid line would be fun and exciting to watch, I just like having a vet playing with the rooks.

Hudler/Monahan/Jones

Gaudreau/Granlund/Setoguchi

Glencross/Byron/Ferland

Bollig/Bouma/McGrattan

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a feeling this kinda thing would happen that's why I wasn't concerned about who they placed back to addy to start the year.

Not saying anyone here was salty about the starting roster but this is usually how a team with vets and rooks pushing for spots develops.

Hope none of the injuries will be nagging in the future, here's hoping for 100% recoveries!

I am hoping Baertschi takes the ball and runs with it in the AHL. With Granlund and Ferland both gone Adirondack is starting to look pretty thin on scorers.

One breakout and I think he is ready for the NHL. But I don't think a call up right now is the best thing for his development.

Really I think the whole year in addy would be good until he starts proving his drive a bit more, at this point I think Ferland and Granlund are the right calls. Baertschi we've learned once your better off when he has confidence before you start moving him around. It's a tough pill to swallow for some but we pretty much had to start from square one with his development this year, and that's how I look at it so I'm able to be patibt with him.

Hope all our guys injured are able to make speedy and full recoveries, the one that scared me the most was stajan.

If more injuries do happen, who do you guys think we should call up next? It seems like Baertschi is the only one left in the farm that is NHL ready. I had the thought that we got good depth but I kinda doubt it now.

Knight or Reinhart are probably next in line based on our need at center.

If more injuries do happen, who do you guys think we should call up next? It seems like Baertschi is the only one left in the farm that is NHL ready. I had the thought that we got good depth but I kinda doubt it now.

I don't see Sven getting a callup this year, or at least until after Christmas (unless there is dire need for a warm body).

Remember, that we also have a few prospects still in college (Jankowski), the CHL (Klimchuk), and a few on the injured/recovering list (Poirier, Bennett). 

There are also opportunities for Arnold, Knight, and Reinhart if need be.

Many of you must be licking your chops with the recent rash of injuries.  You’re beginning to get your wish, a lineup filling up with rookies.  Let’s now see what the kids can do.

I always wanted a good balance of veterans and rookies and not just have a lineup filled up with rookies. I'll see tomorrow at the dome what these kids can do and hopefully they erases my doubts. I'm most excited to see what Granlund will do with a top 2 C role.

Many of you must be licking your chops with the recent rash of injuries.  You’re beginning to get your wish, a lineup filling up with rookies.  Let’s now see what the kids can do.

I'm all about icing a good team. Ferland deserved to be here more than Setoguchi did, based on his AHL stint last year, his pre-season, and his start to 2014/15. Gralund could possibly have finished the season on the Flames, except for injury. He was trending towards making the cut, but got a minor concussion in pre-season. Jooris had a good season in the AHL, and had a much better pre-season.

If you stacked those three guys up against Setoguchi, Bollig and McGrattan, who would likely get more points? Who would give 100% effort every game in the NHL?

It sucks that we have so many injuries this early in the season. I would rather have waived a couple of guys than have three or four players injured any day.

There is no doubt the injuries create some opportunities but it also brings some scrambled play because players need to get used to each other. We were lucky to win last night, now Ferland is injured. We could be in for a revolving door with this roster all year.

There is no doubt the injuries create some opportunities but it also brings some scrambled play because players need to get used to each other. We were lucky to win last night, now Ferland is injured. We could be in for a revolving door with this roster all year.

Hartley talked about him like he wasn't that bad off. He said that they would get him back on the ice today or tomorrow and see where he is. That doesn't sound like concussion, more like following the protocol. Or he had a neck strain, and they are seeing how he feels. Ferland will want to tough it out, so it's really going to be the doctors that clear him or not.

Hartley talked about him like he wasn't that bad off. He said that they would get him back on the ice today or tomorrow and see where he is. That doesn't sound like concussion, more like following the protocol. Or he had a neck strain, and they are seeing how he feels. Ferland will want to tough it out, so it's really going to be the doctors that clear him or not.

I wonder if that is why Volchenkov requested a delay till Sunday for the telephone hearing? In other words, if Ferland comes back right away (not injured) the penalty suspension could be less?

Sven Baertschi just got the call up

The Flames also announced that centre Joe Colborne has been placed on the Injured Reserve, seems his injury is worse then we originally thought.

Also have to wonder how Michael Ferland is doing after getting that cheap shot from Volchenkov.

Not sure I am fan of recalling Baertschi at this time, I think Knight would have been a better option as we are lacking natural centers.

Also have to wonder how Michael Ferland is doing after getting that cheap shot from Volchenkov.

Not sure I am fan of recalling Baertschi at this time, I think Knight would have been a better option as we are lacking natural centers.

Well Huska said he was actually playing good but was just snake bitten. Besides, he also got some NHL games under his belt so I think this is a good call up. He better prove his worth in this call up though coz this might be one of his last few chances to be a flames regular.

Bad new about Ferland; kid can't catch a break. Good news for Sven, who looks to start in his Natural position with Byron at center and Gooch on RW (Yech). Sven should get a decent look, but it's a shame anyone has to play with Setoguchi. Maybe Sven can help him. Maybe Jooris with jump up to Sven's line and ignite some of the chemistry they had last year in Abby.

I am thinking that BT needed to bring up a skilled winger who isn't factoring into Addy's offense so much.

Knight or Arnold or Reinhart might give us a needed center up here, but would leave Addy without any 2-way players. Besides, Sven was in the same grouping of cuts as Jooris, so he is was technically ahead of Ferland and Granlund.

Bad new about Ferland; kid can't catch a break. Good news for Sven, who looks to start in his Natural position with Byron at center and Gooch on RW (Yech). Sven should get a decent look, but it's a shame anyone has to play with Setoguchi. Maybe Sven can help him. Maybe Jooris with jump up to Sven's line and ignite some of the chemistry they had last year in Abby.I am thinking that BT needed to bring up a skilled winger who isn't factoring into Addy's offense so much.Knight or Arnold or Reinhart might give us a needed center up here, but would leave Addy without any 2-way players. Besides, Sven was in the same grouping of cuts as Jooris, so he is was technically ahead of Ferland and Granlund.

I feel bad for Ferland too. He missed most of last year too. Hopefully this aint a long set back but I kinda think he'll be out for a long time due to concussion protocol.

Definetly feel for Ferland. I'm not sure there is a prospect in the organization who has worked as hard as he has over the last few years to make himself relevant and a cheap shot takes him out. Hopefully not too long term.

Volchenkov only got suspended 4 games for giving a rookie a concussion.

Vochenkov got what he deserved, surpriszed it was that much. Ferland is a tough kid he will bounce back. As for Sven this is a mercy call up. I would have to beleive this is either put out or get out time for Sven. One can only belive that this was used to hopefuly boost his confidance.

I wish him the best of luck, however if past behaviour is any indication this isn't going to end well unless he steps it up about 4 levels from before. This has the smell of a showing off situation for a potential trade, someone wants to see him at the NHL level I would assume.

Archived